PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rattly doors on closing, this could be your problem too.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2016, 09:51 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Rattly doors on closing, this could be your problem too.

Hi just wanted to tell you about this in order to put a little back to in some small way balance what I have taken from this site lol

Passenger door was rattling on shutting/slamming, and having already found the door panels are quite easy to get off once you know how having attended to a rear door lock/child lock that was sticking and affecting operation of the puller when remote unlocking(I'm still it process of fixing that but I noticed the same issue in that door but not as bad as this one that is rattling (the other is just rusted this one is rusted and broke) , so it's probably quite common although also could be affected by climate I live in a wet place.

So yeah it's the runner that the window travels down into in the door, it's held on by two bolts and brackets, I had to take the other out to remove the lock mechanism, so they are easy to replace and I will once I get hold of one, the issue with the rattly one as you can almost see in the photo is they rust so badly at the bottom end that my bracket has completely rusted free of the now loose runner, so makes a metal on metal bang ever time I close the door, you can see I've temporarily siliconed it till I order the part while I was in there

I expect these having the velvety runners in there that the new ones might make old windows work smoother too, sometimes these get a bit stiff and grippy in old cars with power windows, though I did notice on this cruiser my glass seem to have silicone smeared all around the edges, never noticed that before on euro cars. Looks a bit tatty close up but if it helps...

Hope if you got rattly doors this has made you feel better that it's only half a big deal haha

2005 GT 2.4 Dark Plum Pearl
Old 20 Apr 2016, 09:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Rattly doors on closing, this could be your problem too.

Photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1499.jpg (94.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1496.jpg (96.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1500.jpg (91.4 KB, 18 views)

2005 GT 2.4 Dark Plum Pearl
Old 20 Apr 2016, 10:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rattly doors on closing, this could be your problem too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncomn View Post
Hi just wanted to tell you about this in order to put a little back to in some small way balance what I have taken from this site lol
Finding and solving the problems yourself useing information found on this forum is always rewarding. haring the experience on this forum with the pictures is very welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for sharing!

On the mention of rattles...every little rattle or squeak drives me up the wall with all my cars. I often go on day long missions to hunt them down and kill them.. Turning up the radio never works for me as a soft cure.
Busted_PT and uncomn like this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN