Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
04 Cruiser Touring 2.4 odd electrical problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2016, 03:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 04 Cruiser Touring 2.4 odd electrical problems

Okay so my girlfriend has an 04 Cruiser Touring that occasionally the check engine light will come on and give the codes P0508, P0032, and P0038. It will also die when it reaches idiling rpms with no shuddering or signs that it is going to and sometimes it will idle just fine. I have replaced the o2 sensors with NGK sensors and the IACV with a Bosch. The problem still occurs. About a month ago it was giving injector codes for low voltage and I swapped the ASD relay and there are no longer any codes thrown for injectors. I've been fighting this problem for about 6 months and cannot figure it out because the problem is so sparratic. You can drive the car for weeks with no problems but it never fails that the check engine light comes back on. I have also replaced the ignition switch in hopes that it was the cause but to no avail. I'm sorry for any rambling, I'm just trying to give all the information possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
Old 09 May 2016, 03:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 04 Cruiser Touring 2.4 odd electrical problems

Bump. Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 09 May 2016, 08:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Was the PCM replaced before this problem came up that you are aware of?
Old 10 May 2016, 03:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

There is a sticker on the firewall that has a pcm part number on it. Other than that I do not know
Old 10 May 2016, 04:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronOwens View Post
There is a sticker on the firewall that has a pcm part number on it. Other than that I do not know
No doubt you probably read this a dozen times, just a refresh:::

If you encounter a problem with P0508 IAC valve sense circuit low on a Chrysler vehicle, here’s how to proceed. The Idle Air Control is a linear solenoid valve that opens based on computer commands to bypass air around the closed throttle plate that occurs at idle. The IAC has a tapered pintle with a corresponding seat in the throttle body. The PCM constantly check return voltage from the IAC to determine if its working and it compares actual RPM with commanded RPM. If the PCM doesn’t see the correct or expected return voltage, it sets a P0508 IAC valve sense circuit low trouble codeP0508, IAC valve.

The computer uses the throttle position sensor, crank position sensor, coolant temp sensor, manifold absolute sensor and switch conditions like; brake, transmission range selector, and A/C to determine the preferred idle speed. Then it commands the IAC to open or close. During off throttle driving, the IAC is closed, except during rapid deceleration where it opens slightly to act as a dashpot to slowly bring down the idle speed and prevent stalling.

If I were a guessing man I'd try a "Throttle Position Sensor" Just fixed a 6 cyl jeep that would not idle. Usually not recommended to just try and replace sensors but..... your choice, your $, good luck.
70 340 4spd Dart Swinger "Those were the days my friend"
73 Charger SE
Had a few Vetts on the way 69, 85
Several Neons some flips
01 Sebring flip
Cruiser's 01, 220K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 03 133K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 06 110K Project Gone to new Home
Cruiser 05 Ltd 120,809 bought with broken belt Oct2015
May 16 Resurrected to once again roam the streets.

20 Miles South Of Pittsburgh