2006 PT Cruiser bolt removal ?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chuzz
  • 1 Post By Fk5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 May 2016, 01:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 PT Cruiser bolt removal ?

Is there 6 bolts to remove the upper intake manifold?
five 8mm bolts up front... one 13mm bolt in the back

I only put on the 5 front bolts, did I miss a bolt? If I did it might be the reason I have a P0303 code.

This site says ...2-3 (13mm) bolts at the back (depending on the year)
https://www.2carpros.com/questions/c...spark-plugs--3

I am definitely not a car pro

Last edited by Danajcoop; 09 May 2016 at 01:36 am.
Old 09 May 2016, 04:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PT Cruiser bolt removal ?

I found my answer. There is a bolt in the back of the upper intake manifold. I start working at the end of next week, so just trying to solve the P0303 error code.

The light will only flash if you sit at idle for awhile, as soon as you take off so does the flashing. My brother has a auto shop and says the #3 cylinder is 15 lbs less than the others, enough to throw off the error code.

I changed the spark plugs (from autolite to the champion that's recemended) and wires
coil pack
O2 sensor
Pcv valve and hose
Upper intake manifold rubber seals
replaced battery posts
cleaned throttle body and air intake house
adding Marvel Mystery oil and Chevron Techron
the car runs great, just an annoying beep and flashing engine light if sitting in drive for a long time.
Also, the air filter box was cracked at the bottom. Looks like they could not get the bolt out so they pulled the box out. I duct taped it well on the inside and out until a new box comes in the mail.

I am a woman so my next step is to clean all the sensors. I am not a mechanic pro., so if anyone know the next step. I would love to know the answer. I missed fuel injectors, just scared to mess with fuel and not sure how to take them off. Is the Walmart fuel injector cleaner any good? MMO gives instant power, before the Marvel Mystery Oil we had problems climbing hills. I always add MMO, the guy at the auto store says it may be the orings on the fuel injectors, the marvel is just giving them sealant. I am lost just trying to keep my college students pretty Pt Cruiser going until she graduates. She wants a newer car. She has paid for this cruiser, adding full coverage insurance would be hard on her budget right now. Thanks for reading my long list of problems.
Old 09 May 2016, 04:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

The car has 111,000 miles on it, so not sure if the timing belt going out is causing the error p0303. She bought her cruiser cruiser a few months ago. I think at 97,000 miles. She loved this car till the engine light would flash and beep at lights. I went to chrysler and they have no history for maintenance.
Old 09 May 2016, 06:49 am
Veteran Cruiser

Timing belts don't generally "go out". They either work or they break. I'm sure I'll get flamed on that, but don't care. As far as the Walmart fuel injector goes, it's got to be better than nothing at all. I've never used it, just the Techron. Compare the ingredients and make an educated decision. As far as losing power on hills, have you checked the exhaust for a restriction? Maybe the cat con clogging or breaking up and even pieces of it clogging the muffler. Tap it lightly with a rubber mallet (or something) and listen for rattling. If you hear rattling inside, odds are it's coming apart and getting clogged. Since you changed the plugs and wires, I'd recommend checking the wiring going to the coil pack. Maybe one's chaffed and shorting out. IDK, I'm not an ASE mechanic. I've just been pulling my own wrenches for about 45 years now.
ptprice likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 09 May 2016, 08:16 am
Senior Cruiser

You need to figure out the 303. The flashing at lights/idle is probably because it is running rich. IIRC, when they run pig rich the computer flashes to warn you of impending damage to the converter.
ptprice likes this.
Old 09 May 2016, 02:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, I will check the muffler and wires make sure they are secured down. I wonder if the Marvel Mystery Oil or Techron may be causing the car to run rich. Sometimes the light does not flash if it is under 1/4 of a tank of gas, also when we put the MMO the light will go out.
Old 09 May 2016, 04:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I got a thick plastic jug and hit the bottom of the muffler, she said it didn't flash
Old 09 May 2016, 04:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danajcoop View Post
Thanks, I will check the muffler and wires make sure they are secured down. I wonder if the Marvel Mystery Oil or Techron may be causing the car to run rich. Sometimes the light does not flash if it is under 1/4 of a tank of gas, also when we put the MMO the light will go out.
im gonna say NOPE to this I run marvel all the time and I run lucas cleaner and sea foam a lot so I don't think so that 303 is a pain you could do this ( im sure this will get me yelled at)
When its dark start the car and spray a fine mist of water over the coil and plug wires if it arcing you should see it if not well im not sure you did the basics or the old start the car and spray gumout around the intake to see if the ideal jumps up that will tell you if there is a leak
Old 09 May 2016, 06:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you, I really appreciate ya'lls helpful info. I do not know how to troubleshoot or the basics to make the car run right.