Advertisements
PRND boxes lit NO AUTOSTICK 1st gear STUCK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2016, 12:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy PRND boxes lit NO AUTOSTICK 1st gear STUCK

Ok, go easy on me guys as this is my 1st post ever in any group ever. lol

Ive searched and searched to no avail.

I have a 2005 2dr turbo 2.4 convertible (that i love btw) that was fine but all of a sudden... trans wont go passed 1st gear.
I guess its in LIMP MODE as i had to do 35 at about 3500rpm to get home and couldnt use the Autostick function at all to circumvent... and when i try now ALL THE PRND boxes just light up.
I get NO CODES when i checked... took it to Autozone as well NO CODES.
Ive been hearing about the TCM inside the PCM but the only thing ive recently did was TAKE OUT THE BATTERY the day before this happened to get a friends car started.

I REALLY think its a simple electronic fix because after drenching every connection i could find with WD40 and tryin to shift into gear repeatedly it CYCLED THRU 123 and then the PRND boxes came back... HELP!

far from rich... cant fix ill have to let it go... lets just say im spent out on this car... smh.
Old 11 Jun 2016, 06:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: PRND boxes lit NO AUTOSTICK 1st gear STUCK

Ehhhh, welcome to the forum? Anyway, if you were NOT experiencing this crap before removing your battery, then I'd suggest you clean your battery cables and clamps and make sure they're TIGHT. Check the grounds inside the driver side fender too. They get dirty and sometimes get loose. If that's all good, check the connector to your transmission solenoid pack. Perhaps it's loose or the solenoid pack itself is loose. If you're in limp mode, you'll only have second gear and reverse. Maybe it's time for a transmission fluid and filter change?

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 11 Jun 2016, 06:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PRND boxes lit NO AUTOSTICK 1st gear STUCK

I would suggest taking the PT Cruiser to a transmission shop that offers to check for transmission codes for free. You want to do a complete diagnosis before replacing any components.