Plzzz I need HELP with 05 cruiser turbo

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By LionPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jun 2016, 12:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Angry Plzzz I need HELP with 05 cruiser turbo

Some help would be greatly appreciated!
05 cruiser (turbo) bought used had it 2 weeks when it started running hot. Opened hood to add water/coolant when I discovered bottom of reservoir bucket was melted . Put a temporary bucket on so I could get home. Next morning on my way to work it ran hot again then died. Had it towed to friends garage. $1850. It cost me for "new engine". Pick it up and on my way home I smell that sweet funk again ! Get home an opened the hood to see a tiny hole on the side of the tank (bucket) and it sits so close to the engine that its starting to melt . I know NOTHING about engines but this "turbo" gets extremely hot and quick. I feel somethings just not right like a maybe a fan not coming on I don't know but so paranoid I'm gonna blow the engine up that I'm checking the coolant/water every single time I get in it. Help plz . Any suggestions?
Old 16 Jun 2016, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Plzzz I need HELP with 05 cruiser turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatwigger View Post
Some help would be greatly appreciated!
05 cruiser (turbo) bought used had it 2 weeks when it started running hot. Opened hood to add water/coolant when I discovered bottom of reservoir bucket was melted . Put a temporary bucket on so I could get home. Next morning on my way to work it ran hot again then died. Had it towed to friends garage. $1850. It cost me for "new engine". Pick it up and on my way home I smell that sweet funk again ! Get home an opened the hood to see a tiny hole on the side of the tank (bucket) and it sits so close to the engine that its starting to melt . I know NOTHING about engines but this "turbo" gets extremely hot and quick. I feel somethings just not right like a maybe a fan not coming on I don't know but so paranoid I'm gonna blow the engine up that I'm checking the coolant/water every single time I get in it. Help plz . Any suggestions?
Find a new mechanic to take it to.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Is the engine temperature going up past half way? If it is stop driving it until you find out what is causing it to overheat.

Was the new engine from a junkyard?

I would take it back to the mechanic that replaced the engine if it is a short distance away and see what they say. Post what you find out.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 10:50 am
Veteran Cruiser

Sounds like your heat shield might be missing.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 17 Jun 2016, 01:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ive thought it must be missing some type of shield! There is nothing there the coolant tank sits almost on top of the engine man. I wonder if this shield came with this car originally and how much to find a replacement. I've served for pictures but couldn't find one close enough to see. THANK YOU,!
Old 17 Jun 2016, 05:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

The turbo reservoir should also have a heat shield on it. It's not hard metal and doesn't cover the whole bottle, but it should be there. Mine tore away from the tabs that hold it in place, but I re-secured it with a couple of zip ties.