Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
codes 882 and 700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2016, 02:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default codes 882 and 700

the problem i'm having is while driving at 60mph my pt decided to shift into 3rd or limp mode. i let the car sit for about 10 to 20 minutes and things are good... for a while. then here we go again. at first the alternator was only charging at 12.66 volts and the battery was good, according to the handheld code reader and charging tester. i replaced the alternator and things seemed to be fine for 3 days. but nope again here comes the gremlin. all the wires going to trans seem to have no corrosion. now alternator is putting out 13.6volts and battery is 12.3. i need help. i want to fix this not throw parts at it.
Old 13 Jul 2016, 02:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: codes 882 and 700

i have check all the connectors under the battery tray and all look good. the battery was checked by a scanner that will do a battery check. the battery was checked with the ac running the radio going, the lights on. i think this was the average voltage while it was being tested. i have read the post about the 882 code. the last time this occurred i did have trans code and i do not remember the numbers but i know one was input voltage to high and one that said voltage to low. how do i test to see if i have a short circuit? what is the 40/41 TE verification test and the pre-diagnogtic procedure? i do not plan on buying a miller 8815 test tool what can i do now
Old 13 Jul 2016, 02:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

As long as your charging system is straightened out and functioning OK, you may be able to find this with a visual inspection and volt/ohm multimeter. The multimeter will check for shorts (low/zero ohms) and opens (high/infinite ohms).
The P0882 (TCM power input) concerns a single wire referred to as circuit T15. It comes out of the TIPM connector C2-cavity #10 as a 20 gauge Yl/Br wire, goes to an intermediate connector C102 and exits C102 as a Lt Gn wire to PCM connector C4-cavity #18.
Find these wires, disconnect the battery and test continuity from end-to-end. It should be less than 5 ohms between the TIPM and PCM. No opens. It also must not show any continuity to vehicle ground. No shorts.
DID THIS TEST
Old 13 Jul 2016, 02:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok the codes I'm getting on my pt cruiser. P128d trams control
Module power control circuit 2 open. P128b same as above except circuit 2 low. P128e same as above except over current. B2104 ign run/start 1 control circuit low. B218b ign run start 1 control circuit over current. Others. U1415 u1414 b1ba6 b212d b212c. P0700 and p0882
I pray the TIPM is ok. I have replaced the part with the proper size and the correct terminal position. I did the T15 circuit check. No ground and resistance was .5. Moved wire around to see if that changed anything. No change. Driving car to see what is up. No codes as of 20 miles of driving.

Well it took no driving this morning to set a check engine light and the
MIL 700 and 882 back. I will scan the trans today or tomorrow. Don't want to disconnect
Battery. What is the *PRND L test how do I do that?
Old 13 Jul 2016, 03:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

not prndl you simply turn the key 3 times from off to just before start
Old 13 Jul 2016, 05:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy Re: codes 882 and 700

Kenmc013, I have an 06 GT with the same problem. I took it to a transmission shop and they cleaned the connector under the batt tray and put dielectric grease on it and gave it what they called a quick learn
and I didn't have any problem for over two months, then, this week. The engine light came on again. I picked up my own tester from Harbor Freight and tested it again got the same codes PO882 and PO700. The next morning the engine light went out??? Don't know why? But, I hope it doesn't keep coming back.
Keep me up on what you find out. Thanks, PTpreacher
Old 13 Jul 2016, 05:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The DTCs posted are transmission TCM related. Disconnecting the battery will not reset them and only turn off the warning light. If the problem was solved the PCM would have already reset the DTCs and turned off the warning light. The 700 is a generic transmission code while the 088 is more specific. Either has the potential to place the transmission in safety or limp with only 2nd and reverse gears. The problem exists and must be diagnosis threw a pain taking method using a digit volt ohm meter.

You may get lucky and it may only be a relay.

Many times if the wire harness is not damaged ends up needing the TCM replaced. I am NOT suggesting to jump a head and replace any parts without first doing testing to ascertained if they are failed or failing.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Jul 2016, 08:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

PTpreacher has a thread on this forum that I have attached that has information that might help you fix your issue. It has wiring diagram and procedures step by step to help diagnose the P0882 code.

P0882 Low input signal

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 13 Jul 2016 at 08:29 pm.