Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pt issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2016, 04:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default pt issues

i got 04 pt cruiser non turbo that keeps blowing the fuse that runs fuel pump and pcm fuse i thought i got fix with the fuel pump but it still doing it if i put in 25 amp fuse it will run but little ruff would the injectors cause that i check the forums try everthing they said about it everthing seems fine thanks
Old 10 Aug 2016, 10:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: pt issues

You need to check your wiring harness to the fuel pump. Sounds to me like you have a wire that is shorting out and popping the fuses. Trace each wire, one at a time and look for any cracks or insulation that's rubbed off.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 10 Aug 2016, 10:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Did you replace the fuel pump?
Old 11 Aug 2016, 03:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

i have replaced the fuel pump check each wire but i check last nite it now throwing code p2302 so im thinking something in the coil or wires im going check there again thanks
Old 11 Aug 2016, 08:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

P2302 code. This code is for coil #1 Insufficient Ionization. This is a very common code on Chrysler vehicles. On this Chrysler style ignition system the Automatic Shutdown relay supplies battery power to the positive side of the coil. The voltage flows through the primary windings of the coil out the coil negative terminal back to the PCM. The PCM is the ignition module and responsible for primary triggering. This code sets when the PCM does not see proper primary events.

You might want to double check the connector for coil #1 that the coil connector plugs into. I had another member that found that connector was bad, went to a junk yard and found another one to replace it. It fixed the problem.

Has your timing belt been replaced on this PT Cruiser? The camshaft and crankshaft error in degrees is another area to look at that might be causing the P2302.

Please post what you find out.
Old 11 Aug 2016, 01:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i take look at the coil again when i get some time i did replace it with used one allready cuz it seem to have a miss fire in it i dont know any history on this car from what looks like the timing belt is new when i look at it i got the car from a junk yard as a repairable they got from a dealer thats all i know i allso replaced cam sensor cuz it was broke havent done crank sensor yet tho
thanks
Old 11 Aug 2016, 02:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Since you're saying that the cam sensor is broken, be sure to check the magnet behind it. It it's broken, that COULD be the problem and not your fuel pump at all.

Old 15 Aug 2016, 12:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i checked the cam sensor it was fine but the car will run but ruff then stumble and blows the fuse never done that before im thinking trying check injectors and coil again but not sure if thats the cause plus like order plugs and wires for it while i got it off thanks for the help
Old 15 Aug 2016, 03:25 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Did you check that magnet?

Old 15 Aug 2016, 03:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yes the magnet was fine. i tested the coil it good. check the plugs the number one plug was white the other was normal carbon colored but could plug wires cause it to blown fuses other thing some said was the o2 sensors but they look new no bare wires
thanks