Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jdhaulr1
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By Jdhaulr1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2016, 12:53 pm
Young Cruiser

Question STAGE 1 UPGRADE

Wan ting to know how to boost the HP on my 2005 PT Cruiser Touring Edition turbo to get it up to GT cruiser hp, was reading that a stage 1 computer will accomplish this, is it really that simple?
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 20 Aug 2016, 01:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: STAGE 1 UPGRADE

Yes, it's really that simple. Bolt in the Stage 1 PCM, fill up with 93 Octane fuel and anticipate somewhere short of a 50 hp gain. Of course, you will have to continue using premium fuel after that.

Syked ECM Tuning just finished one for my 2007 Convertible Touring Edition turbo. Since you have a 2005 turbo lite wagon model, it's possible you can use an original Mopar Stage 1 for a 2005 GT. I believe forum member Myckee has one for sale. He can tell you for sure and he can flash your VIN number into it before shipping. So it would be plug and play.

Beyond the used ones out there floating around for sale, both Syked Tuning and FWD Performance sale them. Both companies take an existing used PCM and just flash it with Stage 1 programming. FWD Performance has the flashing done by Flight Systems which will put an original Mopar Stage 1 label on it. Syked Tuning does the flashing in house and besides the Mopar Stage 1, they also offers their own Stage 1 that is supposed to be a little better. And Syked can create custom Stage 1, 2 and 3 PCM's for racing and/or PT's like mine where Mopar never offered a Stage 1 to begin with.

If me, I'd start with Myckee if he still has that one for sale. And if not, I'd likely find a used PCM and send it to Syked or FWD Performance for flashing.
Jdhaulr1 likes this.
Old 20 Aug 2016, 01:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Chrysler PT Cruiser STAGE 1 off road "KIT" was to improve the power output to 250. They never achieved that level. The results vary a lot depending on the starting power out put before the PCM change.

In order to be accurate as to what gains you personally achieved by a STAGE 1 PCM I recommend doing a chassis dyno test or DIY carefully conducted test using various accelerometer-based units like an ULTRA Gauge or G-Tech that measures acceleration in the vertical plane.

I can safely say even if you do not reach advertised power level you will be VERY pleased with the STAGE 1 PCM.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 20 Aug 2016, 03:39 pm
Young Cruiser

How do I go about contacting Myckee? I would like to find out if it is still available, thank you for the info! I have done quite a bit of work with neons and just in the last couple of days purchased my PT Cruiser, really chomping at the bit to build a really nice and relatively fast car, I think I havery come to the right place for sure!
Old 20 Aug 2016, 03:50 pm
Young Cruiser

How do I go about contacting Myckee? I would like to find out if it is still available, thank you for the info! I have done quite a bit of work with neons and just in the last couple of days purchased my PT Cruiser, really chomping at the bit to build a really nice and relatively fast car, I think I havery come to the right place for sure!
Old 20 Aug 2016, 03:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdhaulr1 View Post
Here's a link to where he has the Stage 1 PCM. It's for a 2004 but should also work on a 2005. You can just click on Myckee's name on the left side of the post and send him a PM.

2004 Stage 1 ECU Automatic transmission

And here's a direct link to send him a PM:

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...=newpm&u=46003
Old 20 Aug 2016, 04:02 pm
Young Cruiser

Thank you Handy Cruiser
Handy_Cruiser likes this.