PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
LED switchback error free bulbs,does it go like this?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2016, 07:53 am
Young Cruiser

Location: The place where the Game of Thrones accent comes from.
Question LED switchback error free bulbs,does it go like this?

In the USA you have your indicators/turn signals on all the time and they flash when you turn. These switchback LED's give a white daytime running light instead of the amber/yellow light but when turning they go amber/yellow.
Right?

In the UK we don't have those amber lights on all the time only for turning when they flash.
What makes them stay on all the time compared to a UK car? is the programming in the PCM, a light switch module,a BCM, or simply just inside an indicator/flasher unit?
I suppose I'm asking which bit I have to send for to enable switchbacks if I can't get conventional DRL's enabled on the high-beam.
Old 30 Aug 2016, 08:12 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: LED switchback error free bulbs,does it go like this?

Because Trump

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 09 Nov 2016 at 12:17 pm.
Old 30 Aug 2016, 08:16 am
Banned

Default Re: LED switchback error free bulbs,does it go like this?

The '06 PT's don't have DRL that's why I drive with my parking and fog lights on all the time to act as my DRL, but I have to turn on the stalk switch to do that. Not too much of an incovenience, I've gotten used to just automatically turning on the lights.

I recently tried a set of 4157 switchback bulbs in my PT. The website said that they were CANbus safe and that you could flip the bulb either way in the socket depending on which color you wanted on with the turn signals. They were amber/white bulbs. I wanted the amber LED's to be lit just as the normal parking lights, then when the turn signal is activated, it would alternate between amber and white, then when the signal cancels, go back to amber. They also make bulbs that burn white to act as DRL and then flash amber for the turn signal function. The bulbs I purchased didn't work as advertised. They were not CANbus safe and hyper-flashed. That could have been fixed with a resistor. But the other issue was they could not be installed either way in the socket. The only way they would work was they would be white for the parking lights, and then alternate amber/white when the turn signal was activated. I didn't want the white showing for the parking lights because that would be an extra white light to the front and 6 white lights to the front with the headlights and fog lights on. So I returned them and am still fighting with the company for a refund. The company involved is: Brite Ass Leds. Even before I received my order, because it took them forever to ship it, I sent them a few emails and never received a reply. I now have an open claim with PayPal for my refund, but I would never do business with that company again.