Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 base model making noises

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2016, 12:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 base model making noises

I dont really know how to explain my problem. The car used to idle rough but ive changed plugs wires and engine mounts. I know longer feel it running rough but it still makes the same noises. It almost sounds like a sputtering/grinding noise but it only happens intermittently. Also it only occurs when the car is in D. I have no idea what to change next
Old 07 Sep 2016, 07:31 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 base model making noises

Take it to an autozone and ask them to run the computer codes for you. Post any codes that come up here. We'll try to help you. About the only thing I can suggest right now, is to remove the drive belts and spin some pulleys and see if you can locate it that way. Depending on the miles, you could simply have an idler pulley going bad. After all, the car IS 11 years old now.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 07 Sep 2016, 07:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 base model making noises

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedogg001 View Post
I dont really know how to explain my problem. The car used to idle rough but ive changed plugs wires and engine mounts. I know longer feel it running rough but it still makes the same noises. It almost sounds like a sputtering/grinding noise but it only happens intermittently. Also it only occurs when the car is in D. I have no idea what to change next
Are the sputtering/grinding noise at a certain engine rpm or only at an idle when in drive?

Give us any details that might help determine where this sputtering/sputtering noise.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 07 Sep 2016 at 08:03 pm.