Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ptcruisersteve
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 1 Post By UnitD77

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2016, 09:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default No start P0335 Help

I was turning left through a stop sign intersection and the car lurched horribly and threw a code. Started flashing a moment later and 10 feet more before the engine shut off. It died instantly, no slow stall like a fuel starving. threw into neutral and got it started while rolling and put it back into drive and got off the road. Called a friend who just happened to be at the next intersection. Got to a gas station a block away to meet him there. Let it sit for a minute then started it up. Ran fine. While talking the car shut off like I had pulled the key out, only the key was still in. We managed to get it to my apartment, pulling into the neighborhood it died again, neutral to restart, drove to my driveway, going up the curb it died again, coasted to my parking spot. Couldn't get to start. Would crank, but wouldn't start.

Pulled a P0335 Crank sensor Circuit fault code.

The crank sensor is behind the starter motor, and I can't get to it tonight. I'm getting a ride tomorrow, but will probably be without my car until I can get a new sensor or check the wiring.

Wanted to post this and see if anyone has had a similar problem, or has ideas on what to look for. I'm going to check the electrical circuit tomorrow after my classes, and I will bench test the sensor before buying a new one. I'll see If I can get it out without removing the starter.

04' GT Manual Purple PT Mileage: 95k (Died Spring 2018)
05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)
Old 08 Sep 2016, 10:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: No start P0335 Help

P0335 = No Crankshaft Position Signal

Possible Causes:
1. No signal from PCM
2. No Crankshaft sensor 5 volts
3. No Crankshaft sensor ground
4. Crankshaft 5 volts shorted to ground
5. Crankshaft sensor is bad

Make sure your battery is good. I suggest doing a battery load test to make sure your battery and generator is working properly.

I would suggest checking the Crankshaft position sensor connector. Make sure its making good contact.

Has the engine been rebuilt recently? Timing belt? Starter?

Some members have replaced the starter and accidentally pulled the crankshaft sensor connector loose.

I like the way you are doing a complete diagnosis before replacing any parts. I am giving you a thumbs up for that!
thecabinguy likes this.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 11 Sep 2016 at 06:07 pm.
Old 09 Sep 2016, 08:31 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: No start P0335 Help

Battery and alternator have not been giving me any issues, I doubt they are the cause. I have had the timing belt changed in Aug, but that doesn't go near the sensor. I will be checking the wiring and the sensor when I am able to barrow a jack and get under the car. Parking lot diagnostics are a bit sketchy and I have other responsibilities that I have to attend to, such as classes, interviews, and meetings.

Old 09 Sep 2016, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

This might help...

thecabinguy likes this.
Old 09 Sep 2016, 12:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitD77 View Post
Battery and alternator have not been giving me any issues, I doubt they are the cause. I have had the timing belt changed in Aug, but that doesn't go near the sensor. I will be checking the wiring and the sensor when I am able to barrow a jack and get under the car. Parking lot diagnostics are a bit sketchy and I have other responsibilities that I have to attend to, such as classes, interviews, and meetings.
Sometimes when the timing belt is changed the wire harness is moved or stretched loosening wire connections at the sensors. This is why I ask if the timing belt had been changed.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 05:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

I jacked up the car and laying feet towards the rear was able to remove the sensor in front of my face. It is located right under the main part of the starter. A 8mm socket to remove the screw and a firm yank and it was out (wait to pull the connector until removed). Put a new one in and it runs like new. Problem solved.

Old 11 Sep 2016, 05:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Good job.