Codes

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rcktpwrd
  • 1 Post By Fk5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Sep 2016, 11:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Codes

I realize that this has probably been beaten to death, but it is new to me. I do not know where to find what the codes mean that are thrown. For the very first time in the 9 years I have owned my '05 Touring, I saw the engine light came on today. Never have seen it before except when starting the car. It has a code (after the key dance) of P0481. Can't figure it out. The car runs perfect and the temp level stays right at the half mark in the 10 miles or so I drove the car around today. Gas cap is secured properly. I was trying to find within these threads what the code means. I'm stumped. Thanks in advance for any help.
Prescott, Arizona, home of forested mountains, 5 lakes (well, four lakes and one big pond), and Arizona's Christmas City (my home 6,000 feet elevation) - 2005 Touring & 2002 Limited - both patriot blue & factory stock
Old 19 Sep 2016, 11:31 am
Senior Cruiser

Post Re: Codes

right in the top of this forum section is a sticky with all the codes listed:

Error Codes
thecabinguy likes this.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 19 Sep 2016, 11:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
right in the top of this forum section is a sticky with all the codes listed:

Error Codes
Thanks so much. I feel pretty naive.
Prescott, Arizona, home of forested mountains, 5 lakes (well, four lakes and one big pond), and Arizona's Christmas City (my home 6,000 feet elevation) - 2005 Touring & 2002 Limited - both patriot blue & factory stock
Old 19 Sep 2016, 11:48 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Codes

I usually just yell "Go! Go! Google!" into my phone and then ask the question. Can't you do that?

It is a fan code. Monitor your temp gauge carefully until you resolve it. Here is a post/thread about it:
Problem with Code P0481

The search feature on this site will net you plenty of info. Good luck
thecabinguy likes this.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 12:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Red face Re: Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
I usually just yell "Go! Go! Google!" into my phone and then ask the question. Can't you do that?

It is a fan code. Monitor your temp gauge carefully until you resolve it. Here is a post/thread about it:
Problem with Code P0481

The search feature on this site will net you plenty of info. Good luck
No, I have not Googled for car info by talking into my phone. Next time I will know better (yes, I did try talking to it once and it worked). As far as the search feature is concerned, I actually did try that first but what showed up had hardly anything to do with what I was inquiring about, no matter how I changed the key words around. I tried the A/C at a stop light and all was fine there, A/C working great and the high speed fan definitely came on. I now have driven two times, a total of about 20 miles. Even though everything is working properly, including the high speed fan, the engine light that originally came on because of the high speed fan is staying on. I thought it would go off by now. For now will just keep an eye of the temp gauge and keep driving it hoping it might reset itself after a while. I can hope, can't I???

Last edited by thecabinguy; 19 Sep 2016 at 01:56 pm.