PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Motor Mount Bolt ?

 
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By red98gt
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By Chip18sw

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05 Oct 2016, 09:08 pm
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chalfont, PA
Posts: 332
Default Motor Mount Bolt ?

Need some help. On the top right mount, there are a total of three bolts. I need to know the bolt size of small front two bolts, and are they met or std. I need to replace them as they were so tight, I rounded the heads. Thanks!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Last edited by red98gt; 05 Oct 2016 at 09:10 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2016, 08:26 am
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 150
Default Re: Motor Mount Bolt ?

When I did my timing belt, I discovered that the center bolt and the engine support bracket was stripped. You're best bet is to get one from a Chrysler dealer or find one in a salvage yard. Most of the bolts on modern cars are metric and Lowe's and Home Depot only have standard sized bolts.
__________________
2008 PT Cruiser Touring 135,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2016, 12:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Carson City NV
Posts: 675
Default Re: Motor Mount Bolt ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowrider View Post
When I did my timing belt, I discovered that the center bolt and the engine support bracket was stripped. You're best bet is to get one from a Chrysler dealer or find one in a salvage yard. Most of the bolts on modern cars are metric and Lowe's and Home Depot only have standard sized bolts.
Also needs to be grade 8 hardware I think it's marked as 8.8?? But yeah Pick and Pull or the dealer would be a safe bet.

Stripped center bolt and engine support bracket ... that would suck! A monkey work in the middle of a weekend project. Been there ... well yeah actually ... I'm still there.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2016, 01:05 pm
Handy_Cruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,263
Default Re: Motor Mount Bolt ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98gt View Post
Need some help. On the top right mount, there are a total of three bolts. I need to know the bolt size of small front two bolts, and are they met or std. I need to replace them as they were so tight, I rounded the heads. Thanks!
Those two bolts are M10X1.50X60. I have a spare one on my desk right now where I measured it to make sure. Hardness is 10.9 . Uses a 15mm socket.

You can buy a set of extra hard bolts for this here if interested.

https://www.modernperformance.com/pr...-engine-mounts
JoeX likes this.
__________________

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 09 Oct 2016 at 01:09 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2016, 03:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Carson City NV
Posts: 675
Default Re: Motor Mount Bolt ?

Hardness is a 10.9??? When did that happen??? Is this new are did I just read stuff wrong???
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2016, 11:16 pm
Handy_Cruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,263
Default Re: Motor Mount Bolt ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip18sw View Post
Hardness is a 10.9??? When did that happen??? Is this new are did I just read stuff wrong???
Mine on my PT are 10.9. The spare set I have are too. And the description on the Modern Performance website at the link I posted above also says the original bolts are 10.9. I don't know if all of these bolts are 10.9, but all examples I have are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10 Oct 2016, 12:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,298
Default Re: Motor Mount Bolt ?

Are these the two bolts you are talking about?

Upper Motor Strut bolts.JPG
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10 Oct 2016, 09:31 am
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Carson City NV
Posts: 675
Default Re: Motor Mount Bolt ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Mine on my PT are 10.9. The spare set I have are too. And the description on the Modern Performance website at the link I posted above also says the original bolts are 10.9. I don't know if all of these bolts are 10.9, but all examples I have are.
Thanks a minor point but one I was not aware off?? 10.9 when I upgraded the suspension fortunately nothing stripped, broke or got lost. So I had no need to look at them.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mid- motor mount bolt willy13 General Turbo Discussions 15 30 Mar 2016 11:32 pm
Missing upper motor mount bolt Mbreen General PT Cruiser Discussions 12 17 Mar 2015 07:26 am
Broken motor mount bolt madeupofwires General PT Cruiser Discussions 1 24 Jun 2014 03:58 pm
Sheared Off Motor Mount Bolt - 2001 PT SteveG22 Tech & Performance Forum 7 19 Feb 2014 06:04 am
Lower motor mount bolt sheered off invidious Tech & Performance Forum 6 16 Sep 2013 05:08 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors