Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bleeding Brakes and tried to rebuild tranny

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2016, 07:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Bleeding Brakes and tried to rebuild tranny

I am new, and don't understand the proper way to use this forum. I left some information out of my original post of "Tried to rebuild my transmission. Original problem. Would shift into gear but slip, reeve the engine, and it would drive. Drove it this way for a month, until it got to where it wouldn't move into drive, in any gear. Decided to tried to rebuild it watching a you tube series on the 604 41TE Replaced all clutches and seals using a rebuild kit. I replaced the torque converter, replaced all seals in the pump. I replaced the solenoid, and the two speed sensors. I get it all back together, It does feel like it is going into gear, reeve the engine and it starts to move. Then stops immediately. Just discovered my brake light is one. I still need to bleed my brakes, I was using the hand brake. Question: Is there some type of electronic lock up of the brakes, because i haven't bleed them yet. I released the line when trying to get the axles off the car? Any help is appreciated.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 08:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Bleeding Brakes and tried to rebuild tranny

Starting multiple threads about the same issue is not the proper format on this forum.
This was suggested to you in the other thread from a member that is very helpful and knowledgeable let me repeat it a little more in depth.
You should be taking your PT to a Transmission shop that can find any codes related to the transmission. They can also better diagnosis your problem. The A604 is a fairly common transmission but does require specialized diagnostic equipment for finding problems.

Brake bleeding the complete system on a PT Cruiser is tricky and does require specialized equipment . If it is only a simple brake fill and bleed than the standard old school method should work fine.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN