Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Clutch pedal issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2016, 07:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Clutch pedal issues

Hello, I have a 2003 PT Cruiser 2L and it's been in the garage for over a month - clutch went so local mechanic took it in to his garage to fix it, then told me it was the hydraulics, anyway, it's had master and slave cylinder replaced, and a new clutch, and clutch still won't work - mechanic says We've fitted a new clutch master cylinder and slave and followed the correct fitting and bleeding procedure but have only been able to achieve 50% clutch pedal travel and he has no idea how to fix the problem so it towing the car back to me, after over a month! and tells me I have to pay for parts but he will waive the labour - so now I am stuck with a car with no clutch pedal travel and just no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will be selling for spares :-(
Old 19 Oct 2016, 10:41 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Clutch pedal issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbik View Post
Hello, I have a 2003 PT Cruiser 2L and it's been in the garage for over a month - clutch went so local mechanic took it in to his garage to fix it, then told me it was the hydraulics, anyway, it's had master and slave cylinder replaced, and a new clutch, and clutch still won't work - mechanic says We've fitted a new clutch master cylinder and slave and followed the correct fitting and bleeding procedure but have only been able to achieve 50% clutch pedal travel and he has no idea how to fix the problem so it towing the car back to me, after over a month! and tells me I have to pay for parts but he will waive the labour - so now I am stuck with a car with no clutch pedal travel and just no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will be selling for spares :-(
I've had a bad master cylinder "right out of the box", so that is one option.
Another is the "master cylinder travel rod" isn't adjusted correctly for the new part.
Option 3 is it hasn't been completely bled.

If the slave were a problem, you'd see fluid under the PT.

If they installed a bad part, [and you didn't supply it] they should replace it free of cost.

If they don't know what they're doing, well "you just can't fix stupid" and you'll need to find a better mechanic.