Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
02 PT Exhaust melting bumper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Nov 2016, 03:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question 02 PT Exhaust melting bumper

I have a 2002 non turbo pt cruiser Limited Edition with 180,000 miles on it. It used to have over heating problems, so it sat for a year, before i got it started again. Took it for a Tune Up, Had a purging of the fuel lines, fuel injector treatment, and had the Catalytic converter replaced along with a high speed fan relay sensor that fixed an old over heating problem. All oil leaks were repaired which covers recent work done.

Now after running much better for a car of it's mileage, it began having problems at idle, which got worse over time bringing codes of 0700, 1193, 1297, and 0108. I cleaned the throttle body to see if that was the problem, but just today after letting it run for a bit, the idle kept purging to higher RPMs without pressing on the gas and white smoke was coming from the undercarriage around the rear driver side tire by the muffler. When i went to the rear of the muffler i saw the plastic bumper begin to melt down on top of the bumper so i shut it off, but it looks like it's clogged or something. Thoughts? or any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony Palomo

Tags
02 pt, exhaust problems, muffler