Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Imakenocents
  • 1 Post By JimBippy
  • 1 Post By Imakenocents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2016, 04:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Lower Intake Manifold

I'm planning on replacing my lower intake gaskets tomorrow (Felpro) and want to know if anyone's done it without removing the upper radiator hose? It looks tight but doable. I was planning on removing the FI wiring harness plugs at both ends to remove the fuel rail with the injectors attached to the manifold. I have a set of flow matched rebuilt OEM injectors with new seals I'll be putting back in. Any pitfalls or headaches I should be looking out for? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

A little background, it has a poor idle that improves as the engine warms up, acts just like a vacuum leak. When I changed the plugs and wires (Champion 443s and Denso wires) the upper manifold had the original gaskets with sealer splooshed all over, cleaned it up and put in Felpro seals. I'm hoping the lower seal and injector replacement will end my idle concerns as I can almost hear a cold engine vacuum whistle but can't locate it. Once again thanks everyone.
Automatic
ABS 4 Wheel Disc (No Traction Control)
Blue LED interior lights
Lived most of its life in SoCal appeared on the East coast at 87,000 miles that's when the Timing belt was done. First owner took immaculate care of it but the last owner just drove it. I'm bringing it back to immaculate.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 06:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wink Re: Lower Intake Manifold

In response to your question the following video from the 7 minute mark to the end will demonstrate how to gain more access to the lower intake area and make the job much easier. The man in the video is a mechanic at a Chrysler dealership and he gives great info as well. Hope it helps you out.

JimBippy likes this.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 06:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Lower Intake Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakenocents View Post
In response to your question the following video from the 7 minute mark to the end will demonstrate how to gain more access to the lower intake area and make the job much easier. The man in the video is a mechanic at a Chrysler dealership and he gives great info as well. Hope it helps you out.

Great video, that'll free up lots of room.
Thanks!
Automatic
Blue LED interior lights
Lived most of its life in SoCal appeared on the East coast at 87,000 miles that's when the Timing belt was done. First owner took immaculate care of it but the last owner just drove it. I'm bringing it back to immaculate.
Old 11 Dec 2016, 12:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Lower Intake Manifold

Thanks again, the video really helped out a lot. Jobs done and baby's running nice now! Lower gaskets were originals and pancakes and the injector O rings on the manifold side were dried up and brittle. Scrubbed and cleaned the lower manifold before reassabley, fuel rail is chrome again, it a very good day! This forum is better than any Chiltons I've ever come across! Thanks again.
War_Eagle likes this.
Automatic
Blue LED interior lights
Old 11 Dec 2016, 10:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wink Re: Lower Intake Manifold

Always good to hear successful outcomes!
JimBippy likes this.