Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tranny or Electrical please Help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jan 2017, 12:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Tranny or Electrical please Help.

So my 2001 PT Cruiser while I am accelerating my RPMs go way high and then they stay high and they don't go back down unless I turn the car off and then back on and then my tranny light will pop on but my training is good at least I think it is and it will also pop on my tranny light and the brake light will come on and the trac light will come on and stay on unless I turn the car off and then turn it back on and then other times when I start my car there's no tranny like nothing and it runs perfect and I'm sure it's not electrical it won't pass emissions because it won't register anything like it doesn't register bad it doesn't register good nothing registers that doesn't get red please help me I need my car
Old 19 Jan 2017, 01:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Tranny or Electrical please Help.

I would suggest taking the PT Cruiser to a transmission shop that offers to scan for transmission codes for free. After you do this post what the transmission codes are. Also check the area on top of the TCM. Sometimes critters get in there and start chewing on the wires going to the TCM.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 12:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Re: Tranny or Electrical please Help.

What's TCM and where do I find that at and any suggestions for a place that does free tranny codes
Old 20 Jan 2017, 12:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Tranny or Electrical please Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morenita View Post
What's TCM and where do I find that at and any suggestions for a place that does free tranny codes
TCM = Transmission Control Module

What area do you live in so some member living near you can suggest a good transmission place that gives free transmission trouble code scanning. You might have a friend or a co-worker that knows of a good transmission place that you can call and find out if they would check for transmission trouble codes for free.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 20 Jan 2017 at 01:04 am.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 07:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: Tranny or Electrical please Help.

Hey I got the codes here they are.
P.1776 SOLENOID SOMETHING
P.1739 power up
P.0340 cam
P.O700TRANS fault presenT
The man at the tranny shop told me that it's stuck in low 'reverse. Battery had been disconnected and that it would definitely need tranny work done on it and that it's gonna cost around 2500$ please if you know a way I could fix it myself please let me know. I'm a newer mechanic everything I know was taught to me by my boyfriend who is an amazing deasil mechanic and regular mechanic or I taught myself from forms or youtube . I'm a women and have a small child I cannot afford $2500 please please please please help me help myself if you can.

Tags
2001, crusier, electrialproblems, ptcrusier2001, tranny