PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Any one use a 3" 02 sensor housing?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2017, 05:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Any one use a 3" 02 sensor housing?

I am thinking about taking down my stock exhaust and installing a 3" o2 sensor housing (Like the one found here: https://www.modernperformance.com/pr...nd-o2-housings) and a 3" catless down-pipe. I have the syked tuning suite so I can modify my VE table (using a wideband of course) and also turn off the error codes when I remove the rear o2 sensor.
My question is: is the 3" sensor housing worth it? First of all, the 50$ ebay one looks exactly like the MPX one (those guys are ripoffs in my opinion) are they indeed the same? I also heard someone on the forums bought an MPX piece and they had to enlarge the bolt holes to make it fit, not cool. Secondly, the 3" housing doesn't have another bolt hole for the heat shield, it only has one bracket to attach to that black bracket support thing. I don't want to take the heat shield off, and I certainly don't want the damn thing rattling around down there because there's a bolt missing. Anyone have experience running without the heat shield or using a 3" housing with the heat-shield? If anyone has experience installing one of these things, let me know if it was worth it or not, because it seems like a pain in the ass to me and most of the flow will come from the catless down-pipe anyways.
Old 02 Mar 2017, 07:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Any one use a 3" 02 sensor housing?

To first answer the question, I do use them, even keep one on hand in case I do a project for someones PT cruiser.
The stock cast iron is flow restrictive but the up side is that it helps maintain the exhaust heat leaving the port.

The Quality of aftermarket Performance parts, what needs modeling?
SPLNeon likes this.

Tags
3" o2 sensor, catless, mpx