Advertisements
Replaced fan still not working

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LionPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2017, 12:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Replaced fan still not working

Hi everybody I'm new to the group and new to the world of Chrysler I recently bought a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo Limited VIN number 8 I had some overheating issues so I bought a new fan that came with a new fan harness and relays but I'm still having the same problem the fan will not come on when the AC is turned on and it will not come on when the vehicles up the temp for it to come on I checked fuse number 15 and it is good as well I'm 32 years old and have been working on cars since I was seven years old I'm a pretty good mechanic but I usually don't work on cars this new and I have never worked on a turbo car let alone on one till now when I plugged the new harness into the old harness I looked inside I didn't see any moisture or anything burned the wires look good from what I can see I tested the ground and it checked out good I don't think I'm getting any positive signals is there anything else that controls the fan that I missing I sold my car to buy this one and I live 45 minutes from work and haven't been able to make it in all week any help would be very much appreciated thank you all
Old 03 Mar 2017, 01:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Replaced fan still not working

Welcome to the forum.

Is your engine light on? If so what are the engine trouble codes?

Did you check to make sure the new fan low and high speed was working properly before installing it?

Did you check fuse #15?

The radiator fan operation is controlled by the Total Integrated Power Module with inputs from the Powertrain Control Module . Inputs for coolant temperature and vehicle speed are sent to the the Powertrain Control Module. This information is then sent via the communication bus to the TIPM which turns on the radiator fans.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 03 Mar 2017 at 02:21 am.
Old 03 Mar 2017, 05:49 am
Banned

Welcome to the forum

Don't be surprised if you get some comments on your original post as it is one long sentence. But if you were using a phone to post on, that can happen. Other members on this forum have posting issues, as well.
Old 03 Mar 2017, 06:52 am
Veteran Cruiser

Check the temperature sensor, wire & plug.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 03 Mar 2017, 09:51 am
Veteran Cruiser

Have you done a pressure test to see if there's a leak? You should try that. And remember to pressure test the radiator cap too. You don't say that you've flushed the cooling system and heater core either. Have you? If you've done all of that and replaced the thermostat, you SHOULD be good to go. One other thing to check though, is the hose running from the radiator filler neck to the overflow jug. If there are cracks or holes in it, it won't operate properly either.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.