Advertisements
T850 fit the PT cruiser?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By myckee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2017, 11:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default T850 fit the PT cruiser?

This question may have been asked before, but I think this should be refreshed for people trying to do an srt4 swap like me. I've been trying to find a transmission to use and getrags, even though I'd love to use them, just are not common enough to find at a reasonable price. I was looking into the nvt350 but I'm afraid it may be too weak for my application. I was thinking the t850 would be a good choice because it has a limited slip differential and is decently strong. What do you guys think? Should I stick with my original plan of finding a used nvt350 from a neon at my local junkyard or try to find the latter?
Old 18 Mar 2017, 06:38 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: T850 fit the PT cruiser?

I believe the t850 doesn't fit in the Pt due to the Pts body contours and is the reason why they went with the getrag. Even if the t850 fit, I haven't seen one listed on ebay for a cheap price. they are usually $1000 or more. I think there are way more GT Pts out there.

Just a quick look on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market, which is a search engine for auto recycling yards across Canada and USA, there are quite a few getrags available for around $400. The cheapest being $300 and going up from there.
Old 19 Mar 2017, 05:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

There is a Getrag on ebay now for $300 OBO. You would have to go to Iowa or arrange shipping from there to TN, but the price is right.

MANUAL TRANSMISSION W/TURBO ID P05274888AB FITS 03-05 PT CRUISER Chrysler | eBay
Old 20 Mar 2017, 06:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Do some digging around to find a used 288s, they are stronger than the T850s and made for our cars. car-parts is a really good site to find junkyard parts and most places will ship to you now too.

If you are worried about LSD ebay has the Quaife QDH2U being sold for around $500 currently from what I believe to be the company that bought the rest of Quaife's stock since they stopped manufacturing them. It's a killer price.