PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Intake on ebay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2004, 12:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Intake on ebay

Hey,

I saw this intake on ebay, I know its kinda ricy looking, but what do you all think of it. Money is the main/only reason I am thinking about getting this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634

Let me know what you think, if you think that it would be worth the money, let me know, if you think its a waste of money, let me know that too.

Matt
Old 28 Jun 2004, 12:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

For $20 bucks, you will probably need to get a new filter for it (K&N), new mounting hardware for the pipe, and new tubing. Basically, it's junk. You really do get what you pay for with performance parts. Take a look at the K&N FIPK that's going for $210 on E-bay. That's a damned good deal, and you are getting one of the best intakes out there.
Sorry to be so disouraging on the intake you found, but you will end up with problems in the long run, and you WILL be replacing more than the filter.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 01:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CHROMEDCRUISER

For $20 bucks, you will probably need to get a new filter for it (K&N), new mounting hardware for the pipe, and new tubing. Basically, it's junk. You really do get what you pay for with performance parts. Take a look at the K&N FIPK that's going for $210 on E-bay. That's a damned good deal, and you are getting one of the best intakes out there.
Sorry to be so disouraging on the intake you found, but you will end up with problems in the long run, and you WILL be replacing more than the filter.
Dont worry about being discouraging, I just wanted to know if this one was junk, becuase for $20 - you cant beat that, it its actually worth anything. But if its not going to hold up well, then its not worth it at all. I have been looking into the AirAid a lot. But of course thats a big chunk of change itself. As of right now, I cannot see myself spending $200+ on an intake right now. I think I may just go and get a K&N for the box for right now. I was hoping to get exhaust this summer, so if I do that, there wont be much if any money left for an intake. we'll see though.

Thanks for the input!

Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 28 Jun 2004, 01:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

There's a company out called Weapon R. They make an intake for the PT Cruiser. It seems to be pretty high quality, and has a foam filter which is supposed to provide even more air.

http://www.abtivan.com/weaponr/weapo...mschrysler.htm

This looks like a reputable tuner shop, they have a store set up on E-bay, and they sell the Weapon R intake for the PT Cruiser. $105 plus shipping isn't that bad at all if the product is what they say it is, and what TPR says as well. Take a look.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 04:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Looks like mine except mine has a solid chrome end. The filter is washable and the whole thing is called The Intimidator and runs about $100. I've had it for about a year...no problems.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.