Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 vs. Diablo Sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jun 2017, 04:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Stage 1 vs. Diablo Sport

Hello all! Still new to the PT GT scene, but not new to the 2.4 Turbo in my 05 PT GT Conv. MTX. I wanted to know if the factory GT PCM in my 05 can take the Diablo inTune as it is, or do I need to find/reflash my PCM into a "Stage 1" version?

Also, if I can just slap the Diablo on, which is preferred to owners? I owned a DiabloSport on my 04 SRT-4 and it was amazing, and practical for my application with 1025cc inj. running e85/91oct tunes. I don't plan to run e85 in the PT GT, and only have 91oct available at my high elevations of Colorado, so which route should be preferred? (this will most likely be my only performance upgrade other than drop in K&N, plugs, wires, and 180tstat.)

p.s. Do these cars like a certain type of coil pack, or factory? I ran factory on ,y SRT-4 for nearly 200k miles and it was great...
Old 13 Jun 2017, 04:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Stage 1 vs. Diablo Sport

You should know the answers to your own questions based on your posted experience?

You do a PCM back up when the DSI or DST is married to the vehicle.So what the original ECU calibration is does not matter.

The Intune is more versatile and practical then having the PCM itself calibrated without the capabilities of uploading email sent calibrations from an experienced calibrator..

The Coil used on the PT is also used on many other platforms. Currently for a direct replacement there are better quality coils but they are all the same performance level as an OE coil. If we are talking about a MSD,ACCEL, DEMON or OEM. MSD and ACCEL usel higher quality material which can help promote improved electrical conductibility.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Jun 2017, 05:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you, I figured as much on the PCM being capable of taking a Diablo off the bat, but did some searches and read from a few members stating their GT needs a stage 1 to be able to DSP tuned.

So, the Diablo inTune > stage 1 pcm regardless that I don't desire future tunes/upgrades and worth the extra $100?

I'm not too familiar with inTune, I only had the Diablo predator handheld, is the inTune used the same way, or continuously on in the car?

Last edited by TopGunRMNP; 13 Jun 2017 at 05:40 pm.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 06:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I read you had an 05 GT.
I use a Trinity and have not used the Intune more then twice to qualify an experienced answer. You may go to the DiabloSport Forum better impressions from Intune users?

https://forum.diablosport.com/

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN