Advertisements
Coolant pressure test findings

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rob302

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jul 2017, 03:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Coolant pressure test findings

My ex wife owns a 2003 pt cruiser. It's been a decent car for how it's been treated. I help her when I can and I was doing some work on her cruiser and she's been losing coolant for sometime at a slow rate. I did a valve cover gasket tune up and thermostat and gasket. I did a pressure test with the upper plenum off and could hear it slowly bleed down and hiss out of the first intake runner closest to front of engine. Wouldn't that mean it had a head gasket leak? It doesn't overheat or anything oil isn't contaminated just slowly consumes coolant probably 1/4-1/4 a gallon every 6 weeks or so. All input is appreciated.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 03:46 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Coolant pressure test findings

you did a coolant pressure test and you heard that? i would look at the piston with the plugs out and see if that piston is cleaner.

if that is the leak, you might be a good candidate for the cerami-seal stuff nitroPT recommends, IMO. better candidate than most as it would really help the EX-wife without too much $$ or effort on your part.

this stuff: https://www.google.com/search?q=moroso+35500 and follow the instructions to the letter.
chuzz and rsrocket1 like this.