• 3 Post By VsandFords
  • 1 Post By Gkon
  • 1 Post By VsandFords
  • 1 Post By Gkon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2017, 04:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Deja vu

I am confused. Last year, at about this time, in the HOT Texas heat, the A/C on the Cruiser failed, sort of. Friday, under the same circumstances it happened again.

A year ago we failed to send an auto part, for a customer's car, to a Dealership about an hour away on the delivery truck. Being short on drivers, I was the only option to get the part to them to get the customer's vehicle going. It was after lunch and I live in the general direction of the delivery. I grab the part, jump in the Cruiser and hit the interstate. Five miles from my destination, doing 75 mph, I have a flat on the left rear. Luckily I was at an exit ramp and was able to pull into a truck stop and install the spare. When I got back into the Cruiser to drop the part, the A/C was not cold and it's 100 degrees. I rolled down the windows, opened the sunroof, made the delivery and decided I was not driving home on regular roads doing under 60 mph because of the spare. I said "F" it, hit the interstate and set the cruise back to 75 and went home. When I got home, I hooked up the gauges, It was full but, the compressor would not engage. I messed with it for a while checking all of the connections and it came on. Worked until Friday.

Friday, a different dealership, in the same town, had the same problem. On my end, we also had the same problem. I grab the part, jump in the Cruiser and hit t he interstate. This time, I make it to the customer, leave the Cruiser running and drop the part. I had noticed that I was going to need fuel to get home, so before leaving town, I stop at a gas station and fuel up. Of course, I shut the car off while fueling. When I restart it to go, no A/C. I pull over in the parking lot, turn it off and back on, get out and check to see that the fan is running, still no A/C. I leave the A/C on and hit the interstate again, cruise set at 75. I keep jacking with the controls turning from A/C to fan and back, no good. When the temp in the car got to 100, I turned the A/C off and opened the windows and sunroof. About 20 miles down the road, I tried it again. IT CAME ON! It's been working ever since.

You might have noticed that I didn't have a flat this time. I did however had tire problems, One of the front tires is now separating. It has a BIG knot and the steering wheel jumps side to side with a vibration to go with it.

On the up side, the company did pay for the fuel.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 24 Jul 2017, 07:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Deja vu

Check the gap between the clutch hub and pulley
VsandFords likes this.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 08:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkon View Post
Check the gap between the clutch hub and pulley
Thought about that. It's on my check list.
Gkon likes this.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 24 Jul 2017, 08:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VsandFords View Post
Thought about that. It's on my check list.
Hahahahah cool. No pun intended.

Seems like I've started a trend.
VsandFords likes this.