Advertisements
Side mirrors dont work..?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2017, 06:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Side mirrors dont work..?

I took my 05 Cruiser Convertible for a car wash and since then the left and right mirrors only turn LEFT HAND SIDE...I mean the LHS only turns left(doesnt turn right), as well as the RHS one turns left only(doesnt turn right).

Is this a temporary common issue, or is it something to worry for?

I am a student and got this just a few days ago and these things are startign to scare me...Should I just sell it off or will it give me no silly expenses like these?

Thank you for reading
Old 17 Aug 2017, 06:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Side mirrors dont work..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentCruiser View Post
I took my 05 Cruiser Convertible for a car wash and since then the left and right mirrors only turn LEFT HAND SIDE...I mean the LHS only turns left(doesnt turn right), as well as the RHS one turns left only(doesnt turn right).

I am a student and got this just a few days ago and these things are startign to scare me...Should I just sell it off or will it give me no silly expenses like these?

Thank you for reading
I got them to fix mechanically via hands but the buttons still dont work,,any help?
Old 17 Aug 2017, 07:13 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentCruiser View Post

Thank you for reading
I don't want to sound harsh but if non-working mirrors are enough to scare you to selling your newly acquired PT, then I'm afraid you'll be in for many more surprises during your time with it that, at times, might have you wanting to torch it. A PT can be finicky at the least, but with any vehicle ownership, especially a used vehicle, some maintenance is going to be required. And since it sounds like you may not be too mechanically inclined, so you best find a very good mechanic that you can trust. But good luck with your 'vert
Old 17 Aug 2017, 07:22 am
Veteran Cruiser

You sound a lot like my son. He doesn't like to get his hands dirty either by working on a car. Guess what? He bought a Toyota and now he HAS to get his hands dirty sometimes. I instruct him and let him use my tools, but since he has his "own car" it's HIS responsibility. He's going to have to learn how to work on it and get his hands dirty. That is unless he hits the lottery or gets a better paying job. My suggestion is that you sell this PT to someone who truly loves them and get yourself an import.
rsrocket1 likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 17 Aug 2017, 11:34 am
Regular Cruiser

if they are the electric adjustable version. take the switch out, take it apart and clean the contacts. Mine did a similar thing, but my switch was bad for the left mirror. Pick Your Part 40% off weekend switch $2.00.