• 1 Post By Tmc
  • 1 Post By chuzz
  • 1 Post By oldthom
  • 2 Post By soyomb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Sep 2017, 10:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 01 pt cruiser problem

My 01 pt cruiser died while driving down the road. Popped into neutral cranked back no prob. Not that it's home it won't crank. Turns over but won't crank. Timing belt is good, battery good, buy now have a ticking noise coming from driver side next to the engine. And there's no fire. Checked codes and got p0601, p1299, and p1684please help I'm at a loss.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 07:31 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 01 pt cruiser problem

I'd try cleaning the IAC, disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, step on the brake pedal and then reconnect the battery. Start the car and see if the codes return. BUT, I'm NOT a mechanic and don't claim to be one.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:34 am
Regular Cruiser

Chuzz has got the right idea here. P1299 only points to the IAC and P1684 sea the battery has been disconected recently. Cleaning the IAC and checking those grounds to the car from the cables and cleaning the battery posts is a good start.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 05:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmc View Post
My 01 pt cruiser died while driving down the road. Popped into neutral cranked back no prob. Not that it's home it won't crank. Turns over but won't crank. Timing belt is good, battery good, buy now have a ticking noise coming from driver side next to the engine. And there's no fire. Checked codes and got p0601, p1299, and p1684please help I'm at a loss.
If the above recommendation doesn't fix your problem, crawl underneath the passenger side of the engine and check the wire loom to see if it's intact. On my 2001, the wiring was lying on the half shaft and was chafed to the point of exposed wires.
chuzz and oldthom like this.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 04:33 pm
Young Cruiser

try spraying carb cleaner down the throttle body and quickly try to start it,if it trys to start, then you have a fuel pressure problem.. the clicking your hearing sounds like a relay in the relay box.. if it trys to start with the carb cleaner,I would inspect the fuel pump relay since you have a clicking noise and a no start that I take it come about at the same time, if you have spark, the cams are in time, and fuel and compression it will run, take anyone of those away and it will not