Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rob302
  • 1 Post By aajj1987
  • 1 Post By Fk5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2017, 02:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Wideband Question.

Ok so im picking everyone's brains here. is there a factory wideband option for the ptgt? I am a former dsm builder and they had an neat trick to install a o2 sensor off a turbo audi that fit perfect in the exhaust and spliced in with the factory o2 sensor up stream. it essentially replaced the 2g 02 sensor and had the extra wires to splice an wideband into. i didnt know if anyone had done this on the pt or srt4. makes for a less clutered exhaust with only 1 sensor.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 02:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Wideband Question.

my Innovate wideband controller can do that but i've pissed through a few WBo2 sensors now. i was advised that it is better to add a bung and install another sensor. i'm happy i did because the car still runs fine while i stall on replacing the $50-100 sensors. when they fail all i lose is the gauge and the car still runs fine. what you are looking to do works, but it's poor practice and is generally for people too lazy or cheap to weld another bung on, IMO
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 02:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

i think the sensor you are talking about is the same as the VW one. they're cheaper than the ones that ship with the widebands and have a smaller connector.

to convert to these properly you use this:
https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pr...RoCEWMQAvD_BwE

but then you use a LSU 4.2 sensor instead of the better and pricier LSU 4.9 that ships with the better wideband kits. here: Info from Aem concerning Wideband and Leaded Race fuel

either kind of sensor does what you want since the controller is actually what simulates the narrowband output, but again: it's really not the right way to do things.

Last edited by rob302; 12 Oct 2017 at 03:02 pm.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 03:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

depends on definition on right? I mean for me it made my wire tuck on my gst a lot more convenient since i had 1 sensor doing 2 jobs. JUST AN OPINION lol. but it worked for the most part. i never used the connector i made my own butt connector set up. i may give this a try at the end of the month just to see what kind of readings i get.

This brings me to my next question. Does anyone have problems with your pcm communicating with a scan tool during live drives or while the engine is running? im thinking this was a bad chrysler design flaw. since you cant live scan unless your using a WI Tech scanner. i also thought mine being an 03 and having the smaller mapping capabilities over the 04 plus might have something to do with it.
rob302 likes this.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 04:27 pm
Veteran Cruiser

could be the OBD port itself. i've never had an issue but i've seen more than a few posts here where people have broken or shady connectors. IDK if it's your issue, but it would be the first thing i'd check

since the search function here is batty, i recommend getting used to doing this method:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site...d+port+problem

Old 12 Oct 2017, 05:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thank you. im taking it to our companys dodge dealership monday to take a gander. imma check alldata tonight and mitchell to see if anyone has had something similar that fixed it.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 05:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
my Innovate wideband controller can do that but i've pissed through a few WBo2 sensors now. i was advised that it is better to add a bung and install another sensor. i'm happy i did because the car still runs fine while i stall on replacing the $50-100 sensors. when they fail all i lose is the gauge and the car still runs fine. what you are looking to do works, but it's poor practice and is generally for people too lazy or cheap to weld another bung on, IMO
It's like you are speaking straight to my soul!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.