Aeroforce Interceptor Scangauges

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By myckee
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2017, 11:04 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Aeroforce Interceptor Scangauges

So i have been looking for gauges and came across these an OBD2 Scan gauges are they worth it. I see that it gets information directly from the car. Is that any better than installing individual gauges??
Old 22 Oct 2017, 11:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Aeroforce Interceptor Scangauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker05 View Post
So i have been looking for gauges and came across these an OBD2 Scan gauges are they worth it. I see that it gets information directly from the car. Is that any better than installing individual gauges??
Google for "Ultragauge". This is newer tech, shows more data and is easily portable to other vehicles.

UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 23 Oct 2017 at 12:25 am.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 12:24 am
Senior Cruiser

I have both of these gauges, and while both are similar in that they show a ton of information, and many different gauges, the Aeroforce gauge is the one I always use. I prefer it for two reasons, It has some gauges that the Ultragauge does not, such as knock retard and even the raw Knock voltage. I always have those on when I am playing on the street. And two, it fits in a standard gauge pod.

The ultraguage due to its size, can display many more gauges at once given its large screen, but if I am in race mode with the car, knock and boost are more important to me at that time and easier for my eyes to read in an instant than also knowing my fuel economy, distance to empty, or whatever. (You certainly don't have to display 8 gauges at once with the Ultraguage you can display as many as you want, if the one you want displayed is available)

The ultragauge is great, and a super awesome deal in comparison to the Aeroforce if you can get past its bulkiness, lack of a few key performance oriented gauges, (does have some that the Aeroforce doesn't have too, like fuel economy, DTE etc) and the mounting of it.

So there are pros and cons to both, it just depends on what you can live with or without.

Last edited by myckee; 23 Oct 2017 at 06:47 am. Reason: I just removed one word.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 01:49 am
Young Cruiser

Ok I understand. Thank you for your help.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 10:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

By far the best money spent is an ULTRA GAUGE. I own 5 now one in each of my vehicles and a spare.

To bad my pictures are gone!
rsrocket1 likes this.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 12:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Ditto on the flexibility and wealth of information on the Ultra Gauge.

You can get by with as little as $20 for a Bluetooth ELM327 OBDII dongle and freeware for Android phones/tablets or a little more for a Wifi dongle for Apple (iOS does not allow Bluetooth OBD dongles because they know what's best for you). The payware OBD Apps are not too expensive. The problem with the phone/tablet based displays are that it ties up your phone or tablet while the Ultragauge sits there all the time and is dedicated.

The only additional gauge I would have liked would be an oil pressure reading, but that requires a real gauge and tap off the the oil line because there is no actual oil pressure reading on the PT Cruiser, it only has a pressure switch to light up the "oil pressure" idiot light.