PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Time for a Diesel Tech & Help section?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sinbad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2017, 02:12 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Time for a Diesel Tech & Help section?

Been away for a few days and hadn't checked the forum - sadly I saw a locked thread on a Diesel, ironically caused by unpleasantness from people who don't actually run diesel PT's.

I realise some people are just trying to help without realising that the diesel PT's are completely different to the Stateside PT's engine wise but that doesn't help the posters who are looking for help.

Perhaps it would help if Diesels got their own section so people knew the engines weren't petrols and threads wouldn't attract people who might be trying to help, but just end up muddying the waters?

Chrissy, if you're reading this - I replied at length when you posted about this problem before, but as far as I know you didn't come back on that thread, you posted a new one... the radiator drain screw *should* let out water on a quarter turn. Turning it more, you risk snapping it off. If it's not letting water out, and you're not getting heat - that to me suggests your radiator is full off *something* - that something could be some previous owners attempts top stop a leak (perhaps why you ended up replacing a core plug??) using RadWeld or similar crap.

I would suggest that for starters, you take out the rad, completely flush it and at the same time check your drain plugs operation.

If you check that old thread (and perhaps post on it to bring it up to the top) you'll see I put a few other comments that might be of use...