No headlights or door locks

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By rob302
  • 3 Post By ptcruisersteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2017, 02:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default No headlights or door locks

The lights on my 2002 pt cruiser went out along with my my door locks and my key alarm doesn't work either. I have parking lights. I was told it was the multi function part on my steering column but when I changed that it still didn't work. I'm sorry I'm not versed on the car part names. What about the part under the dash that controls the door locks with the key? I went to a couple of mechanics but they are telling me it's going to cost me upwards of a $1,000 to fix the lights. That's hard to believe. I haven't been able to find an affordable or reputable mechanic here in Vancouver Washington. I know how to work on cars as I've changed the brakes and timing belt on two pt cruisers. I have trouble when it involves electrical. Any suggestions. Thanks Martin
Old 05 Dec 2017, 02:35 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: No headlights or door locks

inspect the grey connector under the dash next to the fuse box.

have a look through this thread. can't see the road! <-mentions specific fuses, has diagrams, etc.

Last edited by rob302; 05 Dec 2017 at 02:42 pm.
Old 05 Dec 2017, 02:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Did you check fuse #10 (40 amp) in the Power Distribution Center under the hood behind the battery? That one fuse supplies power to both the headlight circuit and the remote entry system. Also check fuses #1 (25 amp), fuse #2 (15 amp) and fuse #3 (20 amp) under the dash. These are the fuses supplied by the one undr the hood and any one of them may also have blown.

If all the fuses are good then there is a connector you need to check out under the dash. The link below explains it in detail by member Rob302.

can't see the road!
Old 28 Apr 2018, 11:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I just had this problem as well. Pull the column apart where the multifunction switch is located. If there is power and ground on your test to every wire in the connector itís not the wire. If no power check the red wire to the connector under the dash behind the fuse box. So it goes from fuse box, wire, connector, wire. you may have to bypass the connector common problem on cruisers. There is a you tube video titled 2002 pt cruiser no headlight no power locks fix that show the bypass working. Mine had already been bypassed. After hours of searching and checking wires I went to replace the multifunction switch. Thats when I decided to test the flasher on the back of the multifunction switch. Failed with the snap on relay tester. Slid a relay in just to see and presto headlights.how ever now the signals didnít work. Needed the correct part. This unit is called the LCM I found out later even though it just looked like a relay to me. It controls the 4 ways, signals and accessories. IE door locks. Also completes the circuit for the headlights. Iíd start here. It is on the multifunction switch and plug in from the back of the switch. The part number on mine is 04671714AA.