PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
finally got the belt on in time! heck yes time for 3m window weld motor mounts

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mr42ndstblvd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Apr 2018, 04:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default finally got the belt on in time! heck yes time for 3m window weld motor mounts

so today i finally managed the insane task of getting a pt cruiser timing belt on with it in perfect time.

what a challenge this was!

but alas the pt cruiser gods desided to throw me a bone and the belt went on smooth and in time.

i can spin the crank over twice and it lines up perfectly.

im waiting for a battery charger to tend my battery and i can test fire it hopefully in the morning.

if all goes well and it runs right with no cei then i will do a final adjustment on tensioner then start rebuilding the car.

i ended up finding a spot in the belt that would keep the tension tight enough on the right cam side so as to make enough slack to get the belt on.
i ended up having to unthread the tensioner and leaving it loose so it could move around a bit and that helped get the belt over.

also the tension was so tight on the right side cam side that it kept the crank from moving.

luckily its on there!

ive spun it around 2 revoltions twice and its cam gears have gone back into perfect time.

so im fairly confident to fire it up tommrow.

so for right now

im going to try filling my broken motor mounts with 3m window weld silicon.

drag cars with v8 power have used this trick for years to make solid mounts.

i may replace later with normal mounts again.

ive got a little trick im going to try for setting the tensioner.

im going to put a phone down where i need to see so it can live feed the camera images to my laptop/ other phone.

then i will be able to set the tensioner perfect in the deppest grooves.

i wish the battery had not died. it had not been started in a few months. so the battery was never charged. hopefully it will keep holiding a charge.
VsandFords likes this.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 07:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: finally got the belt on in time! heck yes time for 3m window weld motor mounts

Welcome to the club!

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!