PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
no start

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04 Feb 2019, 04:24 am
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: east central wisconsin
Posts: 62
Default Re: no start

Check for spark
Check fuel pressure
Check using injector noids
Then call us in the morning
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04 Feb 2019, 08:47 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 4,362
Default Re: no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl48 View Post
battery, plugs, wires replaced last summer

btw, do you fly a 51 ?
Very carefully. LOL I don't own one, but that's my FAVORITE WWII plane. I have a brother in law that was a Navy Pilot on an aircraft carrier and he said out of all the planes he ever got to fly, the P-51 was one of his favorites.
__________________


Hey, hey I wanna be a rock star.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04 Feb 2019, 08:50 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 4,362
Default Re: no start

Spark, fuel, oxygen and compression is what it takes for the engine to start and run. Check everything.
__________________


Hey, hey I wanna be a rock star.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06 Feb 2019, 10:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,209
Default Re: no start

Carl48
Were you able to find out what was causing the issue?
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09 Feb 2019, 07:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rochester, Michigan
Posts: 662
Default Re: no start

update...

finally had the car towed to the shop, they had it for several days and finally got it running, said they cleaned the plugs ???

got my doubts as to what really was done as they would not let me talk to the tech

my guess, maybe a transient glitch with the PCM or WCM

btw, the ground wires on both driver and passenger side inner fenders were redone some time ago

meanwhile, just going to drive it and see what happens

thanks for the replies, will update if/when something happens or when the weather gets better so as to allow me a chance
to give it a thorough inspection

Last edited by Carl48; 09 Feb 2019 at 07:53 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10 Feb 2019, 08:00 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 4,362
Default Re: no start

Well, if the plugs were all fouled somehow, that WILL keep one from starting. Anyway, happy to hear you're on the road.
__________________


Hey, hey I wanna be a rock star.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10 Feb 2019, 05:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rochester, Michigan
Posts: 662
Default Re: no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Well, if the plugs were all fouled somehow, that WILL keep one from starting. Anyway, happy to hear you're on the road.
The plugs looked fine to me...
anyway, it has been starting and running fine.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11 Feb 2019, 08:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,209
Default Re: no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl48 View Post
update...

finally had the car towed to the shop, they had it for several days and finally got it running, said they cleaned the plugs ???

got my doubts as to what really was done as they would not let me talk to the tech

my guess, maybe a transient glitch with the PCM or WCM

btw, the ground wires on both driver and passenger side inner fenders were redone some time ago

meanwhile, just going to drive it and see what happens

thanks for the replies, will update if/when something happens or when the weather gets better so as to allow me a chance
to give it a thorough inspection
Carl48
I got the same feedback when I took one of my Pt Cruisers in to the dealer under warranty. I had to go back to the dealer for several days before they gave up, asked the tech that worked on my Pt Crusier and told me what information I asked for regarding the transmission under warranty when they replaced the CAT under warranty.
You should try talking to the shop manager and see if the manager can give you more information. Tell them you will keep either showing up or calling until they give you a better satisfactory answer you deserve.
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 11 Feb 2019 at 08:58 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11 Feb 2019, 09:24 pm
rckstein's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,340
Default Re: no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl48 View Post
The plugs looked fine to me...
anyway, it has been starting and running fine.
When did you recently check the plugs? The only thing I see in any of your previous posts was that they were changed last summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Carl48
I got the same feedback when I took one of my Pt Cruisers in to the dealer under warranty. I had to go back to the dealer for several days before they gave up, asked the tech that worked on my Pt Crusier and told me what information I asked for regarding the transmission under warranty when they replaced the CAT under warranty.
You should try talking to the shop manager and see if the manager can give you more information. Tell them you will keep either showing up or calling until they give you a better satisfactory answer you deserve.
It's possible that it could have been something that simple as fouled plugs?

Obviously if it was something bigger or more complicated that would have required other parts, the shop certainly wouldn't have replaced parts for free?
__________________

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
163k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12 Feb 2019, 02:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,209
Default Re: no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
When did you recently check the plugs? The only thing I see in any of your previous posts was that they were changed last summer.



It's possible that it could have been something that simple as fouled plugs?

Obviously if it was something bigger or more complicated that would have required other parts, the shop certainly wouldn't have replaced parts for free?
All the spark plugs fouled at the same time not triggering misfire codes?

In my opinion there is missing information that the dealer is not disclosing.
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! Won't start, buzzing sound when trying to start mechanicalhorizon Tech & Performance Forum 18 04 Aug 2018 01:14 pm
Stalled while driving, key to start, no click or start farmerhope Tech & Performance Forum 30 08 Feb 2016 03:44 pm
03 pt will not start Cmcmichael Tech & Performance Forum 5 14 Nov 2013 02:21 pm
PT won't start veracruise Tech & Performance Forum 22 02 Sep 2011 04:23 pm
car didn't start in the cold, got jumped then was a bubbling sound and won't start Saqqara Tech & Performance Forum 1 15 Dec 2009 06:35 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors