Codes 522 and110c

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ptcruisersteve
  • 1 Post By ptcruisersteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Oct 2019, 09:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs down Codes 522 and110c

Well car doesn't even have 87k...It was leaking tiny amounts of oil and only showing the 522 code .so when shop did timing belt I had them replace sensor..Didn't help..Is there a way to mechanically check oil pressure?? Being as I can't see or get to sensor I can't myself ,but a shop should be able to thread a hose and dial gauge with needle to check right??.I can believe its my oil pump with so low miles...Then onto the 110c from what I have checked its either bad module or open circuit between bcm and pcm..Which can't be tested by back probing or damage may occur..So a special tool or something is needed??? Am I gonna have to go to dealership or is this tool at most shops?? Thanks..Can't believe either is anything but wiring issue..If my oil pump is going at 87k that's messed up..What's the average cost oil pump replace?? Just spent 1200 on timing belt kit,new oil sensor and brakes..So funds low...Thanks for any replies..
Old 10 Oct 2019, 09:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Codes 522 and110c

There are several threads regarding the manually hooking up the oil pressure guage. If I have time later I will try to find them for you.
3rcruiser likes this.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 09:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

On your 110c I get that code all the time. In my Pt Cruiser the problem appears to be the PCM but keep in my Pt Cruiser is 2nd Generaton. 2007 Pt Cruiser.
3rcruiser likes this.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 09:25 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks,it kills me thinking I am wiping out my bearings/engine slowly..I changed oil regularly and used Lucas additive.. I have never seen an oil pump go at 87k..So I am praying..
Old 11 Oct 2019, 05:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well at least I know pressure can be tested with guage but can't find any posts..Used to be simple remove sensor thread hose with guage on and run car..Classics were much easier to work on,what you save in gas now you loose on repairs IMHO!!.. Looking for a classic car again..Thanks
Old 11 Oct 2019, 05:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

I looked and haven't found any posts on it but my phone ain't so good....Thanksh