Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
05 Convertible turbo error codes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Nov 2019, 07:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation 05 Convertible turbo error codes

I plugged in progressive snapshot device and it appears to have affected my wiring. The damn thing made a loud beep and then the check engine light came on. I promptly unplugged that little bastard hoping that would correct the issue. That was not the case. I am getting four codes randomly and intermittently. They come and go of their own accord. They are P0340, P0562, P0218, P0714.

All my mechanic would do was read them, reset them and see if they came back on. Which they didnít so they did nothing. Two days later they all pop again. Then before I can get it into the shop they go away again. The car is drivable but limited in its drive ability. It wants to chug at over 2500 rpmís and it takes out my cruise control.

Has anyone else had any problems because of the Progressive Snapshot device?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 09:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 05 Convertible turbo error codes

The P0562 might be the issue causing the other codes. A low voltage situation could throw all these codes. With a multimeter, check the voltage across the battery terminals with the car both off and running. You should get around 12.5 volt with the ignition off and around 14 volts with the engine running. Low voltage when the car is running would set the P0562 and that may confuse the computer (PCM) which then throws the other codes as well.

If it's related to that little Progressive Insurance spying device, the device might be running down your battery when the car is not running. The battery might be strong enough to start the engine but the low voltage confuses the PCM in the meantime. This is a good place to start anyway and costs nothing to check if you have a multimeter. If not, they are very cheap at Harbor Freight.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 24 Nov 2019 at 09:20 am.

Tags
codes, snapshot, turbo