Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Big Stupid Grin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2004, 11:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Big Stupid Grin

[8D][8] <--- These are all me stoked about the fact that right now, in the mail, coming to me, is my BTG Axleback from PT Tuning!! I CANT WAIT to strap this puppy on and hear my baby how shes supposed to sound.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 09:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Single or dual? I think BTG is a good choice. I didn't know of them when I got my Bassani - I like the BTG dual design better, and heard it - sounds better.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Jul 2004, 04:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Good choice, technobear. I up the same one on mine, and it continues to melloooooooo[8)]

Jn
Old 22 Jul 2004, 06:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

I got the Single "turbo stage 1" muffler. Today out of morbid curiousity i called PT-Tuning (and got BTG) to ask about the option of highly polishing it. He said that it costs about $200 extra and that since they have gone with this new semi polishing process noone has complained.

On a side note. This guy was super friendly!! Makes me seriously consider getting my other performance parts from them.

2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 22 Jul 2004, 07:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the BTG cat/back duals and the BTG shock struct bar, both are pure quality. I couldn't be happier with the duals, they sound great.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 03:34 am
Veteran Cruiser

Had the BTG axleback single and loved it. Had to sell it when I went to a 2 1/2" catback single exhaust on my GT.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 26 Jul 2004, 04:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey technobear, I couldn't agree more on the guys at PT Tuning. They even came to the shop on Saturday so I could pick up my goodies! I think I'm going back there for all the suspension mods next. If your making the swithc yourself watch out for the stock muffler...it weighs a TON![|)]

Good luck,

Jn
Old 27 Jul 2004, 05:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Just installed the BTG Axleback!!! I LOVE the sound!! Its got a slight bumble bee sound to it but, ITS A 4 CYL!! That is what they sound like. Compaired to other i4 exhausts this one is extremely mellow. It only gets loud when i lean into the loud pedal.

Im very pleased!

[8)][8]
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)