PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mufflers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Aug 2004, 03:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TaylorMade
Default Mufflers

Im thinkin about going for a muffler instead of an exhaust system. Are the mufflers on ebay terrible? How much would it cost to get a muffler installed?
Old 07 Aug 2004, 03:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

TM,

I would check with your local exhaust shop first. I had the DynoMax #17732 installed with a chrome tip welded at the end. Sounds great and I talked a few people into that same muffler. Ask around and see what you local shop has to offer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Aug 2004, 04:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Tw3NTy0n3

I got the same muffler that Crewzin got and it sounds great. It does feel a little easier to reach speeds as well. It cost me $65 to weld it on and $15 for the chrome tip. It just depends on your muffler shop. My friend got his done for $40. As for the ebay mufflers.. I don't do ebay because I've seen people get ripped off but I got the DynoMax Turbo Muffler from www.Jegs.com for $35 bucks.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...76&prmenbr=361

number 289-17732

Here's what mine looks like installed with a chrome tip..

http://www.geocities.com/damnitfeels...r/Imag0067.jpg

And an ass shot..

http://www.geocities.com/damnitfeels...r/Imag0066.jpg
Stone White 2001 . True Cold Air Intake . Burp Free Shift Mod w/ Switch . Freedom Design Strut Bar . Dynomax Turbo Muffler . Pioneer MP3 CD-Player . Kenwood C6889IE\'s in the back . Alpine SPS-170A\'s in the front . 2 12" Subs @ 1200 watts each inside a C4 . 600 watt 2 CH Amp .

SOLD!
-
Proud member of Critical Damage Automobile Club©
Old 07 Aug 2004, 08:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

TaylorMade,
I got the same set-up as Tw3NTy0n3. Bought the Dynomax Super Turbo from Jegs.com and had local muffler shop weld on for $60 plus bought $30 tip they put on. This muffler gives a deep growl which is exactly what I was looking for and not at the $500+ price of a Catback system. If you have an N/A you may consider a 22" resonator, like I did, it cut the volume in half. I liked it before the resonator, but the wife said it annoyed her. Have to keep the little woman happy, if you know what I mean!! I would definately reccomend this set-up to anyone.
Graveone[?]
Old 07 Aug 2004, 09:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

Nice. I guess if i get enough money and my dad stops being anal about not letting me mod out the car ill do it. The nearest muffler shop is about 45 minutes away though.
2001 limited edition midnight blue PT, 17\" enkei wheels, rear spoiler,silencers removed, k&n drop in filter,MX-5\'s 1-2 burp-free shift mod, 1 10\" subwoofer, and a Dynomax muffler. (Just a 17 year old who loves his car)
Old 08 Aug 2004, 05:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Tw3NTy0n3

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TaylorMade

Nice. I guess if i get enough money and my dad stops being anal about not letting me mod out the car ill do it. The nearest muffler shop is about 45 minutes away though.
Damn, I can walk to my performance shop. 1 street away. That sucks about your pops not letting you mod out the car. Your signature says you're 16.. I'm 18 so my pops doesn't have a say in what I do with my money (he does but I don't have to listen). He likes what I did to my car though, he just doesn't want to admit it. TWO MORE YEARS!

P.S. Pops do give good advice. I don't want to strike up a fit with the pops around here.
Stone White 2001 . True Cold Air Intake . Burp Free Shift Mod w/ Switch . Freedom Design Strut Bar . Dynomax Turbo Muffler . Pioneer MP3 CD-Player . Kenwood C6889IE\'s in the back . Alpine SPS-170A\'s in the front . 2 12" Subs @ 1200 watts each inside a C4 . 600 watt 2 CH Amp .

SOLD!
-
Proud member of Critical Damage Automobile Club©
Old 08 Aug 2004, 09:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yeah I dont ignore him. He said no to a beltline kit and I listened. I did get the chrome grille strips and put them on, they look good, but I dont have any pics to post right now
2001 limited edition midnight blue PT, 17\" enkei wheels, rear spoiler,silencers removed, k&n drop in filter,MX-5\'s 1-2 burp-free shift mod, 1 10\" subwoofer, and a Dynomax muffler. (Just a 17 year old who loves his car)
Old 09 Aug 2004, 01:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Im 20,
Sometimes we all need to listen to our parents. With age comes wisdom and responsibility, well sort of.

If someone pisses all there money away on things that are wants and not needs then they will have nothing for something they need to live.

Sure I piss alot of money away on my Pt, however I make sure I have enough to pay for what I need too.

Keep that in mind before you drop a load of money on something. Make sure your insurance is paid up and not coming in the mail anytime soon, also keep track of your credit card if you have one.

I know that killed me when I got the 900 credit bill right after my accident. That all set me back 1800 for things that I needed.

Rightfully you are in the state of mind for a cheaper yet good performance mod. May not be the best mod, but certainly worth the smaller amount of money to get it. 100 versus 500 is a big difference in your pocket and the results are close enough where most probably won't notice unless you have more parts that add up to the 500 system working better.

In my mind I want the looks of the 500 system, however don't need it and the performace would not be any better on my PT then the 100 muffler upgrade.

Hopefully you understand my mindlessly babbleing.
Old 09 Aug 2004, 07:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I dont need the entire exhaust system
Old 09 Aug 2004, 07:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

KingKole2, for a young man you have a lot of common sense. [^]Congratulations, we ALL have had fathers who we didn't really want to listen to, but as you mature, you and all young people will realize that at least dad has experience.