Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Ram Air

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2004, 03:06 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Ram Air

Has anyone looked at using a home made ram air induction using the existing airbox? Also would it help make a larger hole in the oringinal aibox and pipng it into the original fender opening?
Old 08 Aug 2004, 03:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Tw3NTy0n3

Yeah, I have a home made ram air induction. I have the Airaid Intake which uses the bottom half of the airbox and my ram air induction goes through it. Some people make a hole on the bottom of the airbox. I use the existing one. I'll take some pics in a bit to show you how I did it and edit this post for you. They have tutorials out there on how to do it if you look in the right places.
Stone White 2001 . True Cold Air Intake . Burp Free Shift Mod w/ Switch . Freedom Design Strut Bar . Dynomax Turbo Muffler . Pioneer MP3 CD-Player . Kenwood C6889IE\'s in the back . Alpine SPS-170A\'s in the front . 2 12" Subs @ 1200 watts each inside a C4 . 600 watt 2 CH Amp .

SOLD!
-
Proud member of Critical Damage Automobile Club©
Old 08 Aug 2004, 04:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I lied! I'm not gonna edit that post. Just gonna do a new one. Here..

http://www.geocities.com/E_R_O_S_2_1
Hope it helped.
Stone White 2001 . True Cold Air Intake . Burp Free Shift Mod w/ Switch . Freedom Design Strut Bar . Dynomax Turbo Muffler . Pioneer MP3 CD-Player . Kenwood C6889IE\'s in the back . Alpine SPS-170A\'s in the front . 2 12" Subs @ 1200 watts each inside a C4 . 600 watt 2 CH Amp .

SOLD!
-
Old 09 Aug 2004, 09:54 am
Young Cruiser

Isn't the place that you placed the flex hose in the hole next to the fog lamps used for cooling the front breaks? Also did you feel any benefit from the ram air mod?
Old 09 Aug 2004, 01:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Mine was custom cut for the fender pipe to be about 3-1/4" instead of the stock pipe size.

It does make a difference while passing above 40-50 and higher, more volume coming in.

I also have the Airaid intake.

This link may help
http://ptcw.truckmoxie.com/mygallery...464-album-6932
Old 09 Aug 2004, 02:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It is used for cooling the front breaks but I highly doubt anyone here is using their PT to race on Laguna Seca so it's all good. Like KingKole02 said, it does make a difference at higher speeds. I also got a 3-1/4" by accident and made it fit.

SOLD!
-
Old 09 Aug 2004, 10:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

My was by accident too. I actually ripped my stock pipe right out of the box by trying to remove it. Show you what happens when you force something to much. Some JB Quick Weld for a week and the other box went in, my broken one went to a friend and he modded it.

These kinds of mods are something I could not do, seeing how I do not have the proper tools and understanding to make them. However I do know what kind of results can be accived doing this correctly.