Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
NON turbo intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2004, 01:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default NON turbo intake

Which is the best non-turbo intake for my wifes cruiser? I hear a lot about airaid and some new one weapon R. I know K&N is always good, but which one would truely work on her car? Which is the best buy and where do I get on for a good price?

Thanx!
Old 25 Aug 2004, 01:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

For a good price.. There are some cheap ones out there, but you realize that a air-intake will hardly make a difference? In my Opinion, it's not worth over $100 for one of those just to pick up 1-2hp.

If you use E-Bay, check there. Really, most of them won't give you that much of a gain, so don't worry about it too much.

Old 25 Aug 2004, 01:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

IMHO, K&N is the best, but priciest. I feel you can get 80% of the benefit for 10% of the cost by signing up for PTDoItYourself.Net and looking up their home-made intakes - all with pictures and parts lists.
AirAid is okay.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Aug 2004, 03:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

IMHO, I have a Airaid intake that I purchased at Daytona III from Race & Street. I have increased my milage from 21 highway to 28. I did also replace plugs & plug wires about the same time, so must give some of the credit there also. I have a '02 NA with 31,000 miles. [8)]
Old 25 Aug 2004, 05:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

How Accuarte is your Mileage reading? I know I've varied from 23-27mpg Highway and 17.5-20mpg City. Taking it only a few times isn't too accurate of a reading.

Old 25 Aug 2004, 07:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

We check the milage every time we fill up. The 28 mpg was from MM5 in Ga to Ashville NC, daytime driving w/ AC on, using cruise as I have a VERY heavy foot. That was the best we have EVER got.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 07:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Konkeler

For a good price.. There are some cheap ones out there, but you realize that a air-intake will hardly make a difference? In my Opinion, it's not worth over $100 for one of those just to pick up 1-2hp.
Agreed. Biggest improvement was in throttle response - eliminated the "lag" when you start from a stop.[?]
Old 26 Aug 2004, 09:58 am
Young Cruiser

Hooligan...I have a 2002 Woody Limited with 31k+, with a new OEM paper filter and the original coil wires and plugs. When I drive from my home in a small town 90 miles south of Chicago to Notre Dame IN. @ 70 and sometimes a little more I presently have gotten 28mpg.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 09:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art Rigby

Hooligan...I have a 2002 Woody Limited with 31k+, with a new OEM paper filter and the original coil wires and plugs. When I drive from my home in a small town 90 miles south of Chicago to Notre Dame IN. @ 70 and sometimes a little more I presently have gotten 28mpg.
Art, that sounds good to me. When I go to Myrtle Beach 5 the end of October, I plan on adding duals from Race & Street. I'll then figgure out if that has helped the milage.[:I]