PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Aspect Ratio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Oct 2004, 05:50 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie
Default Aspect Ratio

What is the aspect ratio on the PT GT? I'm assuming this is the gear ratio?

I would like to know the aspect ratio so I use my DigiMoto to figure out my HP.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 09:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I thought the "Aspect Ratio" was all about tire size? Read the write up on this information about Plus Sizing your tires....

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...PlusSizing.jsp

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 10:51 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Hmmmm. Maybe you're right. Unfortunately, the biggest downfall with DigiMoto software with me is that there are no manuals, either online, hardcopy, or softcopy, just an email address. I had emailed them, but I'm still waiting for a response.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 12 Oct 2004, 07:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Aspect ratio is the middle number in a tire size such as 245/45/17. Basically indicates the height of the sidewall as a ratio of the tire width. In the above case the side wall height is 45% of the width of the tread (in MM).
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 13 Oct 2004, 09:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

ed,
i think you are looking for what is called the final drive ratio. that when combined with the gear ratio for the specific gear and tire information you can then calculate the overall ratio.
i will check and see i may have a microsoft excel program that will do the calculations for you.
-derek
Old 13 Oct 2004, 10:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cal Cruzer

Aspect ratio is the middle number in a tire size such as 245/45/17. Basically indicates the height of the sidewall as a ratio of the tire width. In the above case the side wall height is 45% of the width of the tread.
[|)] agree.
As long as your overall diameter is the same as stock, I think you'd want final drive ratio, not aspect ratio for HP calculation.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 13 Oct 2004, 09:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RallyDRock

ed,
i think you are looking for what is called the final drive ratio. that when combined with the gear ratio for the specific gear and tire information you can then calculate the overall ratio.
i will check and see i may have a microsoft excel program that will do the calculations for you.
-derek
Ahhh, yes I bet that is what he is looking for. The manual ratio is 3.29 and the autostick is 3.91 accordintg to http://www.ptcruiserforum.com/
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 14 Oct 2004, 04:15 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks for your help. I finally received a reply from their tech support (slow) in which he replied...

Quote:
quote:The aspect ratio is the info that you get on the outside of a tire. For example a typical car may have a tire with an aspect ratio on it of 225 60 R16. Put the info in the program as the it is read on the tire. In this case enter 225 60 16.
I may return the software and try out AutoTap. The thing I like about this is that gauges you can configure so it looks like a car guage. Anyway, I'll post my findings once I get them. I have 30 days to return the DigiMoto software at least.

The other big plus about AutoTap is that it can be used for whatever vehicle protocol (ISO, VPW, PWM). Unlike DigiMoto, you need to buy the hardware for the type of vehicle. Although DigiMoto is alot cheaper ($119 USD) initially, it only includes one protocol. If you want to be able to read all types of vehicles, you can buy all 3 protocols for $254 USD. While the Autotap has the ability to scan all types of vehicles for only $199.95 USD.

Anyway, I'll post my finding for those interested.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 12 Feb 2005, 03:40 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cal Cruzer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RallyDRock

ed,
-derek
Ahhh, yes I bet that is what he is looking for. The manual ratio is 3.29 and the autostick is 3.91 accordintg to http://www.ptcruiserforum.com/

Gonz