Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SRT-4 Borla exaust on a N/A Cruiser ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2004, 02:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default SRT-4 Borla exaust on a N/A Cruiser ??

I was wandering if anyone runs a 2.5" exaust with a resinator like the Mopar Borla exaust, no muffler. ?

I have an '03 SRT-4 and Really love the exaust sound, and since the borlas for the PT's all have mufflers I was thinking about modifieing the SRT exaust to fit.

Any input would be helpful

Daytona
Old 21 Oct 2004, 05:37 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

You should be able to cut the muffler off and place another pipe in there. Otherwise, your local muffler shop should be able to do it as well.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 22 Oct 2004, 06:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by crazie.eddie

You should be able to cut the muffler off and place another pipe in there. Otherwise, your local muffler shop should be able to do it as well.
Thanks crazie, but what I was really interested in is if anyone has ran a N/A 2.4 with a 2.5" exaust w/o a muffler and just a resinator, and if it sounds alot like the the turbo, or if it is alot different.

Also I'd like to know if anyone knows how different the exaust is between the NEON and PT, couse if it is close enough I'm going to buy the borla that is for the SRT-4, and mod it to fit ..... becuase that exaust sounds KILLER on my car. If I can get my PT to sound anywhere close I'll be very happy.

Daytona

1972 Plymouth Duster (soon to be 440-6)
Old 22 Oct 2004, 07:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

This won't answer your question but justa little info. Hearthrob makes a 2.5" single & dual tip exhaust for the PT for under $240 shipped. I have the dual setup on my GT. I took out the middle 30" resonator and all that leaves is 2 8" SS resonated tips. But I'm not sure how this setup would sound on a n/a PT.
Good luck in your decision [?]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 23 Oct 2004, 11:52 am
Senior Cruiser

If you have both cars handy, you could take some measurements and make a sketch/notes, first off the SRT, then see how close the fit is under the PT. Measure not just the exaust system, but also some basic body dimentions like axel to floor pan distance.
The same exhaust system will sound different on a turbo vs a n/a because the turbocharger will muffle sound a bit by it self. On the other hand, higher horse power will produce more sound. How close your engines are will dictate how close the sound will be. [:I]
Old 23 Oct 2004, 04:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I don't think you will get the PT exhaust close to the sound of your SRT 4 even with the same exhaust because a turbo quiets the exhaust sound a lot. The same exhaust on a n/a PT will be louder and sound different.....A friend of mine has taken out the muffler and is just running a resonator with the stock piping of her 5 speed n/a PT. It's a bit on the loud side and sounds like a rowdy 4 cylinder.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 25 Oct 2004, 07:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the input, I'll have to see when the PT gets here, I'm waiting for it to be shipped.

Maybe I'll just have to put a turbo on it to settle my HP wants.

Daytona
1972 Plymouth Duster (soon to be 440-6)