PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Slotted ,drilled or both

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2004, 07:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania
Default Slotted ,drilled or both

I'm starting to gather info on front brakes. Thoughts on drilled as opposed to drilled and slotted rotors. Any thoughts on brand of rotors and should you use same brand of pads? Has anybody used Yhe Green ceramic pads and how are they compared to Raybestos?
Old 21 Oct 2004, 08:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

I've had Powerslot rotors and Raybestos ceramic pads for over a year and around 15,000 miles and I'm very happy with this combo.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 12:48 am
Young Cruiser

hello

i have the drilled & slotted rotors from moss motors with the mintex pads. have around 18000 miles on them great set up for 01 pt. the pads to dust alot thought, but no more pedal fade.

i also have a custom set of drilled & slotted & nickel plated rotors on my 03 GT. with kevlar fiber pads. great set up, but under hard braking the rears get noisy.

hope this helps BUD
Old 22 Oct 2004, 12:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would recommend the Powerslots. I don't have them on this car but I have used them in the past om Mustangs. I like them because they are not drilled or slotted through and through. Less chance of cracking and just overall a stronger rotor, IMHO.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 25 Oct 2004, 04:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

I also used the Power Slots on my 87 ragtop Mustang and so far about 5,000 miles they are working great. Ceramic pads should take care of most if not all of the dusting problems. Ceramics work fine for street duty but not racing.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.