Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
anyone know about kumho tires??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Oct 2004, 05:46 pm
Young Cruiser

Default anyone know about kumho tires??

i am looking at a set of kumho hp4716 grand touring tires. they seem to rate favorably at tire rack. anyone have any real world experiance? (they are cheap and that worries me - 260 for 4 tires!)
Old 29 Oct 2004, 06:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have no experience with that particular Kumho tire, but my Miata has Kumho Ecsta tires on it and, although not looked upon as a true high performance tire, they are considered the best "bang for the buck" for those on a budget. Kumho seem to be popular in the sport compact arena, again among those looking for a decent tire without breaking the bank. If they have the tread life rating you're looking for, and you can get a decent replacement warranty (road hazard, etc) they I don't see a real reason not to get them.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 06:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

That is what Kumho's are know for, a good tire at a good price. You don't see a lot of high price advertising for them but they are a popular tire for people that know about them, particularly the sport compact crowd.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 29 Oct 2004, 06:23 pm
Young Cruiser

I had the 17 X 7's (sorry, I can't remember which model)on my PT and was very satisfied. They seemed to stick well in the corners, had a good wear rate and didn't break the bank when I bought them.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 06:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the Kuhmo Victoracer V-700's shaved and heat cycled on my Miata.
They fit my requirements for Solo-II autocrossing.
Old 30 Oct 2004, 05:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

i have the ecsta supra 712s and they are relatively inexpensive, offer good traction that is predictable and are wearing nice and evenly. i am very happy with them and would buy another set of kumhos even though i was skeptical in the beginning.