Advertisements
Recall Notice in mail yesterday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Nov 2004, 03:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Recall Notice in mail yesterday

I got my recall notice.

Guess what they dealer told me.

The power steering hose is severely worn and needs replacing and the transmission is leaking.

They told me it would be in for a while.

I wonder why the transmission is leaking, maybe its because I had them service it at 20000. Now I have 28700.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 03:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Could the trans be possibly leaking from your accident? Don't bring it up to them! And yes, it could be from them servicing it. Didn't tighten the bolts right, didn't put the gasket on correctly and so on. At least they appear to be taking care of things
Old 16 Nov 2004, 07:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

dont be sad colby your car could've been a chunk of ash if you didnt take it in.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 07:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

My wifes goes in on Friday.
king at least they found the problem before it became a big problem

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 16 Nov 2004, 10:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Thank God you took it in Colby! The leak just verified that the hoses were rubbing on the tranny chasis. The fluid is most likely coming from the power steering, not the tranny. My 2001 went up in flames Memorial day weekend because of this, 3 days before they announced the recall to NSHA. Wouldn't want to see you PT looking like mine did!
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 19 Nov 2004, 09:36 am
Regular Cruiser

guys i have a 2003 TE purchases in feb 2004, do i have to take my car in for a check for the hose thats rubbing ??
Old 19 Nov 2004, 09:52 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

You do if it's a n/a Pt, not turbo.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 19 Nov 2004, 09:58 am
Regular Cruiser

yea its a N/a , but they didnt say anything to me last time i checked in for the 20000 kms check. damn gotta go again
Old 19 Nov 2004, 03:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by junkno

yea its a N/a , but they didnt say anything to me last time i checked in for the 20000 kms check. damn gotta go again
Apparently they won't say anything to you. You have to tell them and have the recall notice in your hand. They won't do anything until you have that. Even though it should be in their computer system. I had the same thing with a clutch recall on my GT. I had to call DC and have them contact the dealership directly to get the work done because I hadn't receive the notice.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 19 Nov 2004, 04:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

if your VIN is never ranat the dealership, then the computers won't say that you need the recall. WE always run VIN numbers in our client base mailing list and if it needs a recall a mailer is sent out, usually with some sort of service coupon as well. We have gotten to alot of people before Chrysler has. I always check the VIN even if my writer doesn't when I service a vehicle. There is no reason not to. I am not soliciting warranty work if it is a recall so there are no negative repercussions (sp?). Oh well. Some dealerships just don't get it. I guess that is why we have been Five Star from the start.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"