PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Gas ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2004, 01:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Gas ?

HI ALL
I got a problem with my gas tank. When I’m filling, it stops like it was done. It doesn’t even take a gallon before it stops. It never did it before. I tried 5 gas stations with 3 different nozzles. I know it’s not the gas stations or the nozzles. I’ve tried jiggling it and everything else I can do. Nothing works.[B)]It's kicking my butt[B)] It's been a vary frustrating pumping gas and slightly embarrassing. Its takes 10 more min. to put 10 gallons in then it used to. I have been to busy to take it in. Could there be something at the end of the pipe going to the gas tank or could it be in the tank? Has anyone had this problem before? [:I][:I][:I]HELP!!![:0]
Old 29 Nov 2004, 04:32 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

I've seen this happen at pumps. What the attendant did was to bang the gas pump nozzle at the ground a few times. There must me some kind of moveable trigger that gotten stuck. Though it is strange that this is happening to several pumps in your area.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 29 Nov 2004, 10:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

My nearest filling station (Chevron) has two pumps that I stay away from. They both put a few gallons in, but then start shutting off when the tank reaches near 3/4 full. I've learned to pull up to the other pumps which work fine all the way to full.

Willy, have you tried not putting the end of the pump handle all the way in the filler tube or putting the gas in at a slower pace?
Old 29 Nov 2004, 10:27 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

before you get some gas guy mad by beating his equipment id suggest you try putting the nozzle in about 3/4 of the way. if that doesn't work by all means give it a whack.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 11:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You can move to New Jersey, where it is actually against the law to pump your own gas! The only state.

whaddya mean, that's not enough reason?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Nov 2004, 11:35 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

You can move to New Jersey, where it is actually against the law to pump your own gas! The only state.

whaddya mean, that's not enough reason?
Wow and they call us hicks&gt;
I have several pumps I stay away from because they shut off all the time.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 29 Nov 2004, 05:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well I got an appointment at the dealership. I also talked to a Master Mackinac that teaches at UCSD. He said theirs probable an air bubble or the tube to the tank is warped. Well I tried turning the nozzle upside-down polling it out till the tip of the nozzle was in. i almost got gas all over the ground. When I told the dealer what was going on he had the "deer in the headlights" look. Well I am going on weds day to check it out. They said they haft to drop the tank. Also my check engine light is on. It came on after the second time I had to fill the tank. I know what you’re thinking. I limp wrested the gas cap. Well I dint ever since the first time I did that I all ways go a full turn after the cap clicks. But besides this problem and my windshield being chipped my car is perfect. Ill tells you the outcome in a couple days.[xx(][xx(][xx(]
Old 29 Nov 2004, 06:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Don, I think Oregon also has a law against pumping your own gas. Gary can tell us when he cruises by. Big Willy, I have a Jeep YJ that has the gas cap under the license plate and I have to have the handle upside down to fill it. It's just a poor design. Good luck with the DC garage. [?]

Jn
Old 05 Dec 2004, 07:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

ok so the delear sed the down tube to the tank is worped and it needs to be replased. the part will be in next week. [8)]
tkxs for the help guys.[?][?][^]
Old 05 Dec 2004, 05:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

cool glad you got it worked out