Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
i got 2 problems and i need ur help :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2004, 07:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Default i got 2 problems and i need ur help :(

hey guys, today it rained but that didnt end well.

I was goin at about 40 kms and went over a water pond and the water started goin everywhere like crazy. After about 20 min i stopped for a cup of coffee for like 10 min, and then started the car and it was alright. I drove for like 1 km and i hear this Sound "SSsssSSSsssSSS" it increases as i increase yhe pressure on the pedal. Stopped the car after 2 km and then popped the hood to see whats goin on. I press on the pedal and there is still sound. My friend is saying that its the Engine Belt.

Another problem accured, when u press the pedal u hear both the engine belt "SSSSsssSSSsssSS" and i think also the Throttle body doin "Tssh Tssh " everytime the pedal is pressed.

I checked the airfilter and it was wet, plus there was water at the bottom

Need ur help guys, thx
Old 17 Dec 2004, 09:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

SAAD,

It's hard to tell with the noises your describing, but if you have water getting into the intake system..that's not good. The cars running, so that's a good sign. The first thing before driving it anymore is to get rid of that air filter (or completely dry it out) and dry up any water you can find. I'd take the whole air filtering system out right up to the throttle body and make sure it's all dry. I don't think water would hurt the belts, and hopefully any noise from that will go away when it all drys up. Make sure there's no water in the cavity around the spark plugs too. Maybe others will have some advice too. Good luck.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 10:07 am
Regular Cruiser

thx for ur reply
Old 17 Dec 2004, 11:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree (as usual) with Crewzin.
Hard to guess without hearing the sound. A belt usually "squeaks" or "Squeals" when it's wet, and dries pretty quickly.
A Hisss could also be continued sparking somewhere, like alternator, or perhaps sparks pplugs, but if it runs okay, I doubt spark plugs arcing.
Be sure and dry everything out, and I think you'll be fine.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 17 Dec 2004, 03:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Is the car idling okay? The SSSSS could be a vacuum leak somewhere. Make sure all hoses are connected. If not that, you just have water somewhere is shouldn't be. I wouldn't wory too much. The only way you can get hydrolock is to almost submerge the intake. If you are running a stock box you cannot get enough water into the engine to harm it without putting the whole frontend under water. Just wait for everything to dry.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 17 Dec 2004, 04:09 pm
Regular Cruiser

anyways am takin it tomorrow to check it at the dealer, thx for ur help guys
Old 17 Dec 2004, 08:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by junkno

anyways am takin it tomorrow to check it at the dealer, thx for ur help guys
Good idea, better safe than sorry.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 18 Dec 2004, 11:24 am
Regular Cruiser

as i was leaving to the dealer, i started my car and the engine belt sound went away, i opened the hood and checked there is only the other sound which is the throttle body letting of air as i press on the pedal.