Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
ramps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Dec 2004, 06:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Default ramps

Is there a brand of ramps that I can drive my PT up on to change oil?
Old 21 Dec 2004, 06:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

There sure is.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 06:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Oh, you wanted to know what kind Read this link, all the info you need
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...rchTerms=ramps
Old 21 Dec 2004, 07:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have the Rhinos. They are tough but very lite. My car is lowered pretty much and it just clears the ramp. If your car is lowered, make sure you can get it under the front lip and back to the tire before you buy them. My buddy couldn't use them on his Z some years ago because it was too low and long in the front so I got a screamin' deal on them.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 21 Dec 2004, 08:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Im lowered 1.75 in the front and 3 in the rear and I use the rhino ramps...ummm...somewhat easily. The ramp hits the bumper as soon as it touches the tire. 1/8 of an inch lower and it probably wouldnt work.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

Im lowered 1.75 in the front and 3 in the rear and I use the rhino ramps...ummm...somewhat easily. The ramp hits the bumper as soon as it touches the tire. 1/8 of an inch lower and it probably wouldnt work.
Thats the answer. I am about 1.75 front and rear. You are lower in the back so the nose is just slightly higher off the ground. Mine JUUUUSST clears with a little scrape. If I air up my tires it helps it get up on the ramp. Good thing I have a comperssor in my garage!
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 22 Dec 2004, 09:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have the RHino ramps, but I see there's new ones out that have a flat piece at the end, before the ramp starts - that should prevent your tire from pushing the ramps away, which happens sometimes - otherwise looks like rhino ramps. Saw them in Autozone ad? Pep Boys?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Dec 2004, 11:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I got a set of ramps from Big Lots in Florida. They have the piece in front of the ramp that the tire rolls on firse to keep it from rolling away. They are made of a hard plastic, comes in 3 pieces so it is easy to store!!! $20.00 on sale, very pleased!!!
Old 22 Dec 2004, 02:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have never had a problem with the Rhino ramps Pushing. There are rubber pads underneath it to help prevent this....
Old 22 Dec 2004, 02:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

I have never had a problem with the Rhino ramps Pushing. There are rubber pads underneath it to help prevent this....
Mine pushed once but I had gotten some oil on the rubber. Just cleaned it with some brake cleaner and no more problems.