PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My simple Airbox modification

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jan 2005, 12:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Default My simple Airbox modification

[8D]Howdy Ya'll,

New to the forum, new to Cruisin' (2003 PT Cruiser Ltd Ed, mine for less than 3 months). I did a simple modification to the stock airbox. Details are here. I'm happy with the results, much better engine sound, acceleration, and response. Here's the page if you want to check it out.

http://home.woh.rr.com/thejamespage/PT.htm

Happy Cruisin' ya'll!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Nice instructions Bob. Should be easy enough for someone that wants to keep the stock air box and still gain a little more cool air.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 03:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Have that same concept from another guy I know that did mine. It does help. Mine a 3" pipe cut into the stock box then mounted to a piece that fits in the hole made.

Im still looking for someone to fix the area near where the open cell foam piece is. Yet no one has done it.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 05:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forun, BumperBob[^]. Nice mod, everyone shares on this forum.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 07:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome, BumperBob, and enjoy the forums. [^] Excellent instructions and PICS for the air box modification. [8D]

Old 12 Jan 2005, 09:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome, Bob.
Nice way to jump into the forum. Well done instructions.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Jan 2005, 04:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

2 comments:

1. I like this mod. ive thought about doing something like it to my 03 but never got to it.

2. i really hope you removed the shop towel from the intake tube to the throttle body before starting it up [}]
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 12 Jan 2005, 11:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Tnx ya'll for da encouragement! And, Uh.... yeah, I removed da towel! (din't mention puttin' it in, so din't mention pullin' it out...LOL)

Next mods will probably be Crane or similar plug wires, and new plugs, don't know what ones to go with yet. Then I'm gonna get some Kleen Wheels and paint them either shiny black, or metallic gold to help keep my wheels lookin' good.

Pics- http://bumperbob1.Olx.net/blingbling.html
Mods -http://bumperbob1.Olx.net/pt.html
GLOW - http://bumperbob1.Olx.net.com/glow3.html
\'03 Ltd Ed Light Almond Automatic
Chrome Accessories -
Grill Kit
1940\'s Fender Kit
Hood Port Hole Kit
3 1/2\" Chromed Exhaust Tip
Billet Rally Door Pulls
Gauge Eyebrows
Barbed Wire Look License Plate Holders
Chrome PT Logo Valve Stem Caps
Modified Stock Air Box
K&N High Performance Drop-in Filter
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs
NGK 9mm High Performance Spark Plug Wires
TYC Altezza Euro Look Back-up Lights
Altezza Euro Look Tail Lights
Rear side panel and hatch pinstripe decals
Green LED underbody lights
Old 13 Jan 2005, 05:11 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BumperBob

Tnx ya'll for da encouragement! And, Uh.... yeah, I removed da towel! (din't mention puttin' it in, so din't mention pullin' it out...LOL)

Next mods will probably be Crane or similar plug wires, and new plugs, don't know what ones to go with yet. Then I'm gonna get some Kleen Wheels and paint them either shiny black, or metallic gold to help keep my wheels lookin' good.

Chrysler brake pads suck, both for brake dust and longevity. Get some semi metallic brake pads and you won't have brake dust and they will last 4-5 times longer than stock. You won't need kleen wheels and you will have better brakes.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic