Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Back power window switches not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2005, 05:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Back power window switches not working

I bought my PT used at around 15000 miles in October. Im at around 20000 now and I just noticed a problem with the back window controls in the back seat.

Neither of them seem to operate the windows. The front switches for the back windows function properly, and I checked to make sure the 'lock the back switches' button was off, but neither of the two back switches is working still.

The windows open fine using the front switches so I know its not the back window motors. It also seems weird that both switches would be bad in the back seat. One, maybe, but seems odd that both would be bad. Is there a fuse or switch or something somewhere that I should know about to engage these two back seat power window controls? Its not a real big problem having them not operate, just more a matter of convience. Thanks!
Old 16 Jan 2005, 05:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

First, pry out the switch control itself and make sure the wiring is in place. Hopefully, that's your problem.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 07:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

One fuse supplies power to the front and back switches, so that's not it. Either the "Lockout" switch is bad or, like Crewzin said, it's the wiring harness connection at the rear switches. Hopefully nothings been cut anywhere in between.
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 16 Jan 2005, 10:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

This may seem dumb , but did you make sure the window lock switch is off?It is the switch between the widow controls on the dash.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)