Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo manifold question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2005, 12:30 am
Young Cruiser

Default Turbo manifold question

I would like to put on a turbo manifold on my N/A. Question, the throttle body that comes attached, is that bigger than a N/A throttle body or the same? I stil have a spare throotle body to bore out so I was wondering whether or not it would be worth it to bore mine out or just use the one that could come with the new trbo manifold. Also, the turbo comes with the fuel rail and injectors, will those do anything for performance or will the stock injectors and fuel rail work just fine with the turbo manifold. The turbo manifold allows more air into the engine, am I right? Or does the turbo manifold adjust the fuel different, and is that what will add power to my N/A?
Old 24 Jan 2005, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The turbo manifold does flow better. Best bet is to contact MX-5. He has adapted turbo manifolds to N/A engines you need a coupla brackets - he says you won't get full benefit unless you add a cam.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Jan 2005, 01:09 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks QSD,

I was thinking about cams too, so I might as well do it. I will try to contact MX-5, I know he is very busy so I will try sometime soon.
\'01 Cranberry PT Touring 5spd, 17\"BBS YZ Rims, 2-10\" Polk Momo Subs, Infinity speakers all around, Sirius Satellite Radio, Valentine One Radar Detector, lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit, BTG strutbar,K&N FIPK intake, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, Blllet Aluminum Grille, 5% tinted windows all around, B&M Short Shifter w/Booger Bushings. Interior & Exterior Red Underglow. $55 in the gas tank (5-8-06)

Old 24 Jan 2005, 01:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Oh,

If I do put on the turbo manifold, does that mean I hae easier access to the plugs? I wouldn't think so but just a thought.
\'01 Cranberry PT Touring 5spd, 17\"BBS YZ Rims, 2-10\" Polk Momo Subs, Infinity speakers all around, Sirius Satellite Radio, Valentine One Radar Detector, lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit, BTG strutbar,K&N FIPK intake, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, Blllet Aluminum Grille, 5% tinted windows all around, B&M Short Shifter w/Booger Bushings. Interior & Exterior Red Underglow. $55 in the gas tank (5-8-06)

Old 24 Jan 2005, 03:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by proxeyed

Oh,

If I do put on the turbo manifold, does that mean I hae easier access to the plugs? I wouldn't think so but just a thought.
Yes. With turbo manifold you can get at plugs.
I was wrong - I meant Bob Stockum forum ID BStockum, not MX-5.
He posts more on PTEnthusiasts.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 12:00 am
Cool Cruiser

MX-5 is out of country presently. but i think he will be back in about a week. PT enthusiasts site is a good place to get ahold of him.
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 29 Jan 2005, 12:55 am
Cool Cruiser

You want to get ahold of Bob Stockum. He was the one who did my TB & GT manifold for my 01. Not sure if he still suppiles the parts for that.

If you go to the PTE site, do a archive search on "another GT intake installed" there you will see some of the pictures we took when I installed MN Shales intake. There are also some pics of my stock modified airbox that I used for the GT manifold around too.

If you want more pics e-mail me & I will see what I still have.